Please Help: Starlight camera

Reaction score
I’m sure I’m overlooking something simple, but I am going crazy trying to get my new starlight camera to work with Blue Iris. I have initialized the camera with the conf tool that came with the starlight camera (it was initialized at first). However, when I try to select the device it tells me the connection failed (I’ve changed cables, etc. to make sure that wasn’t the issue). Also, it is not being discovered in BI either (I have other cameras that work great). I’ve been at this for hours and I am at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like (tugging my right ear) the camera and BI are on different subnets. The default for the camera is 192.168.1.108. What is the address, on your LAN, of the BI server and what is the address of the camera as showing in the config tool?

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply! Im guessing I need to make a change to the starlights setting in the cofiq tool?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply! Im guessing I need to make a change to the starlights setting in the cofiq tool?
Indeed, download the Dahua Toolbox, then you have all the tools to change passwords, ip addressess, firmwares etc!

Reaction score
OK, I have downloaded the toolbox and I still can’t change the IP address. I've tried a few things and the changes won't take. The 4th picture is what i thought the correct info should be, but i get the error message :The Ip address, the gateway or the mask is not match. Thank you for any help with this!

Attachments

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
You're getting a mismatch because the target IP in the last photo, #4, is 192.167.1.175. It needs to be on the same subnet as your PC, 192.168