Please help with DS-2CD2032-I not sending email notifications "Parameters Error"

nrupalp

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had DS-2CD2032-I with firmware ver 5.2 build 140721 for couple of years. I have had motion email working since installation using my gmail account but about a month ago, I stopped receiving emails. I have tried mostly everything to no avail. I have even tried to set it up with Yandex and I keep getting Parameters Error error message. If someone can point me in the right directions as to what the issue might be, I would really appreciate it.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If someone can point me in the right directions as to what the issue might be, I would really appreciate it.
Let's get this right, your "Yandex" or "Gmail" doesn't work for email notifications?

Have you used the search function... even just for "Yandex" or "Gmail"

Have you even checked the first page of posts in the section you posted this thread? "Gmail"

nrupalp

n3wb
Reaction score
Let's get this right, your "Yandex" or "Gmail" doesn't work for email notifications?

Have you used the search function... even just for "Yandex" or "Gmail"

Have you even checked the first page of posts in the section you posted this thread? "Gmail"
That is correct, it doesn't send email when there is motion. I have searched and tried several suggestions including using IP address instead of smtp.gmail.com and also have added the DNS entries which didn't help. I have been fooling around with it for around a month here and there and finally decided to post to see if someone would know what could the issue be.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That is correct, it doesn't send email when there is motion. I have searched and tried several suggestions including using IP address instead of smtp.gmail.com and also have added the DNS entries which didn't help. I have been fooling around with it for around a month here and there and finally decided to post to see if someone would know what could the issue be.
You haven't read those posts. They explain what the issue is.