"Please install the plug". Help

Steve Bowman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been away a whole, as my system has been fairly stable, but I have encountered a little problem I could use some help with.

So, I was given a couple of IP cameras that were previously installed on another system. I am trying to get them connected on mine, but their IP addresses are different.

I also am using a different laptop than I had used when I configured my cameras last time, so the browser configuration is where I am hitting a wall. On my current desktop system, I use Pale Moon to access the NVR. From my memory, there was a plugin or something that required this particular browser. No problem, it works.

But the "new" camera and the laptop are a different problem.

I have connected the camera to the laptop and used a network utility and have determined the address of the new camera is 192.168.0.152. I have modified my network settings on my laptop to allow me to directly access the camera.
But when I do, it says that I need a plugin. It says "please install the plug". I initially had started with chrome. and installed the WEBconfig.exe program the camera linked to in the message. After the installation, it did not change the message. I tried again with Microsoft Edge, and included a reboot. No change.

Then, I remembered Pale Moon, so I installed it on the laptop, tried to access the camera, and was presented with the plug message again. So, I clicked the link and ran webconfig.exe one more time, but in Pale moon this time. But, it still says I need the plug when I try to get to the camera interface.

What am I missing?

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you try Pale Moon 32bit or 64bit? It only works with 32bit.

If that doesn't work, then try good ole Internet Explorer as the plugin is based around that - yea we know, but it is still baked into Win10 and Win11

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you use the 32-bit version of Pale Moon?

Often you only need the plug-in to see the video. In that case you can just go past that prompt to set the IP address, etc. If you need to set up motion zones and similar where you need to see things, then you'll need to figure out the plug-in or otherwise work around it.

Steve Bowman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you try Pale Moon 32bit or 64bit? It only works with 32bit.

If that doesn't work, then try good ole Internet Explorer as the plugin is based around that - yea we know, but it is still baked into Win10 and Win11
Its the 64 bit on my laptop

Ill, drop and punt and try again.

Thanks