Please need help , changed google nest to eero & no camera works on BI

Carluzky

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everyone, hope all is well
I had blue iris connected to my google nest and everything was working fine for a few years , yesterday I decided to change it to EERO PRO due to some speed issues , all devices connected perfectly except blue iris on my windows 10 PC, I figure I had to do port forwarding again & so I did , all of a sudden my Dell changes from NETWORK 2 to NETWORK 3 (I am assuming that’s the new eero network ) , got my internet back , however , when go inside BI, all the cameras lost their connection (please see photo) . I tried fixing it for 3 hours but nothing , i tried putting it back on the old network and still nothing , resetting the cameras also did nothing , then on my eero app I see an option to port forward each individual camera , however , when I try putting their IP address I get an error code (please see attachment ) .
I am truly desperate, if anybody has any solutions ,please let me know ! Thanks

Attachments

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do not use port forwarding....and you shouldn't have to on an isolated local network. Check all of your IP addresses and subnet mask to make sure they're in the same range (see the error message in your last photo) and use IP ping to test each one. If devices fail to respond to IP ping requests then that's a network related issue and not Blue Iris.

Swampledge

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Google Nest was likely assigning IP addresses in the 192.168.1.xxx range and your EERO is using a different range. All your other devices don’t care what IP address is assigned to them, but the BI pc and cams do. If my guess is right, you need to reset the DHCP settings in your EERO to the range you were previously using.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 to both the above ^^^.
Also, insure that NETWORK 3 (the new eero network ?) didn't receive a change from "private" as in the old network properties to "public" in the new network properties.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We all know that hindsight is 20-20 and it's easy to sit back and advise, but should you face a similar thing in the future I suggest this:
  • Find out what subnet you're on (the router's gateway) of the existing equipment BEFORE you replace it.
  • When you've installed the NEW router, if it's on a completely different subnet from the old, considering logging into the NEW router and changing it's LAN IP to the same subnet as the OLD router. You likely will have to give your PC being used for these configurations a temporary static IP in the new router's subnet so you can log into it; once you've set it to the desired subnet you may have to adjust the DHCP pool as well.
IMO, it's easier to change one device (the new router) than several devices (BI server and IP cameras). :cool:

Carluzky

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do not use port forwarding....and you shouldn't have to on an isolated local network. Check all of your IP addresses and subnet mask to make sure they're in the same range (see the error message in your last photo) and use IP ping to test each one. If devices fail to respond to IP ping requests then that's a network related issue and not Blue Iris.
Thank you. I was under the impression that I had to do port forwarding IF I wanted to use the BI app on my iPhone

Carluzky

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Google Nest was likely assigning IP addresses in the 192.168.1.xxx range and your EERO is using a different range. All your other devices don’t care what IP address is assigned to them, but the BI pc and cams do. If my guess is right, you need to reset the DHCP settings in your EERO to the range you were previously using.
Thank you ! Are you referring to this option ? (Please see attachment )
Now , hopefully this doesn’t sound dumb, but how do I find out what my previous dhcp was ?

Attachments

Carluzky

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
+1 to both the above ^^^.
Also, insure that NETWORK 3 (the new eero network ?) didn't receive a change from "private" as in the old network properties to "public" in the new network properties.
Thank you . Both were on private

Carluzky

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We all know that hindsight is 20-20 and it's easy to sit back and advise, but should you face a similar thing in the future I suggest this:
  • Find out what subnet you're on (the router's gateway) of the existing equipment BEFORE you replace it.
  • When you've installed the NEW router, if it's on a completely different subnet from the old, considering logging into the NEW router and changing it's LAN IP to the same subnet as the OLD router. You likely will have to give your PC being used for these configurations a temporary static IP in the new router's subnet so you can log into it; once you've set it to the desired subnet you may have to adjust the DHCP pool as well.
IMO, it's easier to change one device (the new router) than several devices (BI server and IP cameras). :cool:

thank you
1- funny enough , I tried plugging back the original google nest router and it’s not working either . I am assuming I can go to the google app and find out what the previous SUBNET was ?
2-might be a dumb question , but where do I see my LAN #? All I see is my WAN # on eero

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Personally, I use a genuine PC to log into the router, no app on a tablet or smartphone. I know I'm an old fart but it seems that way I see a lot more than I would otherwise....I admit, it could be just me...my 2 cents.:cool:

Carluzky

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Personally, I use a genuine PC to log into the router, no app on a tablet or smartphone. I know I'm an old fart but it seems that way I see a lot more than I would otherwise....I admit, it could be just me...my 2 cents.:cool:
Unfortunately , you can not access eero by web browser , only phone app

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unfortunately , you can not access eero by web browser , only phone app
I have a TP-Link Deco Mesh router and it's the same way....no web interface, but I actually like controlling it from my phone although at first I hated it and almost sent it back. :lmao: :lmao:

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The newer products are geared towards the average home user so manufacturers want them to be easy to set up and use right out of the box, plus it saves cost not having to develop and maintain an onboard webpage interface. Everything is going that way now but I'm old school too so I hear ya.... :lmao::lmao: