Please recommend a DVR

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
2nd time lucky as my NVR5216 arrived on time. Upgraded to V4 firmware before I loaded or configured anything onto the new unit to.
Not too much trouble to navigate around the new firmware and set up.
Just one little niggle that I cant seam to adjust.
I have the motion detection email switched on which is working and not suffering the x3 email notification glitch other users have experienced.
For each event I get a notification that motion has been detected and then a second email stating motion as ended.
I would like to switch off the email notification stating motion as ended as I have no need for this this. I only want to be notified by email once motion has been detected if possible?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would like to switch off the email notification stating motion as ended as I have no need for this this. I only want to be notified by email once motion has been detected if possible?
That's something that wasn't configurable in the past. If it's not something in the new firmware (I haven't seen anyone mention it), one work-around is to setup a server-side email rule that automatically deletes the "motion ended" email.

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's something that wasn't configurable in the past. If it's not something in the new firmware (I haven't seen anyone mention it), one work-around is to setup a server-side email rule that automatically deletes the "motion ended" email.
Thanks for confirming my suspicion. Just a pain getting a IN & OUT for each event.

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mine has firmware 4.000.0000001.5 2019-12-18. Is that the latest?

On the Dahua website it says there is a 08/04/2020 version.

Don't have any issues so far so I have not updated. I just like to keep all the firmware versions archived on my computer.

m

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't try to fix what isn't broke.
Im not running the latest but It was shipped with V3 firmware and I wanted V4 so updated to firmware.JPG
This build seamed to be the most stable on my research.

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Had NVR for almost 2 weeks. I like everything so far EXCEPT the little LOUD 40mm fan. I was told before purchasing that the fan was somewhat loud in a quiet setting. I ordered a Noctua NF-A4x10 PWM 12V to try. Had good luck with Noctua before. Will let you know if that helps...

M