Plz help. Outdoor PTZ w/easy setup using iPad only?? Does it exist??

Nigel79

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new to all of this. I'm disabled so I'm home a lot. I don't have a computer or NVR. I'm just looking for something to mount on the front of my house to look around the neighborhood using only my iPad. My neighbors let me use their Wi-Fi so I have a really nice dual band Wi-Fi extender with ethernet ports in my house and I have the password and SSID to the main router but not access to the main router. The Wi-Fi extender only required a password and SSID and has a LCD screen on it so it didn't require a computer to hook up. It's pretty awesome it only took three minutes to set up. That's why I was hoping that there was a camera that's easy to set up. I've been looking around a lot but it seems like if one camera has one feature that I want it doesn't have the others and vice versa. I'm on a fixed income so around $200 is my budget. I don't care about recording, just PTZ functional ability and ease of installation with an iPad. Does anything exist? What's the best camera I can get for the money? I plan on getting a really nice Dahua and NVR when I get the money someday but I would like something for the meantime. Thanks for your help!

Nigel79

n3wb
Reaction score
I could possibly borrow a laptop If that would help dramatically.