POE camera connected to Hikvision NVR works inconsistently with iOS software

Mitch G

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all:

I am new to the forum and without much expertise in NVR/camera setup - hopefully, I will catch on fast.

I could use some help troubleshooting my Hikvision NVR/cameras & software setup.

My NVR is a DS-7604NI-SE/P with 4 POE cameras. I have a monitor connected via HDMI.

The software I am using is :

IVMS-4200 on my Macs.

I have both IVMS-4200 and Hik Connect on my iPhone and iPads.

The issue I am having is one of my camera (I will call “the culprit”) views is not working properly. It simply will not load all the time and I would describe it as “sometimes, always, never.” Right now, I can see all the camera views, including the culprit, with all of the hardware/software combinations, with these exceptions:

- IVMS 4500 on my iPhone (fine on HIK Connect)

- IVMS-4500 on a couple of my iPads (fine on HIK Connect)

- Neither works on a couple of my iPads

I said “sometimes” because, for example, the IVMS was working on my iPhone yesterday. The behavior seems somewhat erratic. There do not seem to be any issues with OSX devices or the HDMI direct connection.

I tried moving my ethernet cables into different ports on the back of the NVR to see if I could isolate the issue from a hardware perspective. It appears that, no matter which port it is plugged in, the culprit remains the culprit and the other 3 cameras are fine.

So, may thinking is there may be an issue with the culprit camera itself or the culprit ethernet cable.

On the other hand, if it is a hardware issue, I am hard pressed to understand why it works on some platforms but not others - with variation inside the platforms (iOS and App combinations).

I have tried resetting the NVR to default setting and the firmware (although old) is the latest version.

Any suggestions from you folks on what I may do?

Thanks in advance,

Mitch

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure frame rate on culprit camera not too high and bit rate is set appropriately.

Mitch G

n3wb
Reaction score
Make sure frame rate on culprit camera not too high and bit rate is set appropriately.
Thanks for responding and the suggestion. I had already tried reducing the frame rate as well as the resolution and bit rate. Nothing worked.

However, I came across this a couple of days ago:

Strangely, this guy ("Intellibeam") suggested this is happening due to a DS-7604 bug and the suggested fix was to INCREASE the frame rate to 20. I tried it out and it worked!!!!! All of my cameras have been working like a charm on all devices ever since.

I wanted to try it for a few days more before posting, but there you go.

I cannot fathom why this works - it seems like some sort of workaround since I still think there is something about the culprit since the other cameras were set the same and did not cause problems. But, regardless, this seems to have fixed the problem for me!

Thank again.