Poe camera with mic in connection

Hellurei

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to find cheap poe camera with mic in connection. I have bought external microseven bullet mic and purpose is to basically just record noises and voice but I need poe camera with possibility to connect external bullet mic. What possibilities are there?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to find cheap poe camera with mic in connection. I have bought external microseven bullet mic and purpose is to basically just record noises and voice but I need poe camera with possibility to connect external bullet mic. What possibilities are there?
You prefer a connection to a mic rather than a cam with a built-in mic?

Hellurei

n3wb
Reaction score
You prefer a connection to a mic rather than a cam with a built-in mic?
Yes. Definitely cam without internal mic or at least possibility to connect external mic. I need sensititive and powerful mic like microseven is and now I'm trying to search cheap Poe cam for The mic.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. Definitely cam without internal mic or at least possibility to connect external mic. I need sensititive and powerful mic like microseven is and now I'm trying to search cheap Poe cam for The mic.
OK.
3 more questions so we can best help:
  • For outdoor use?
  • Budget in US Dollars?
  • Camera form factor (turret/eyeball, dome, bullet, etc.)

Hellurei

n3wb
Reaction score
OK.
3 more questions so we can best help:
  • For outdoor use?
  • Budget in US Dollars?
  • Camera form factor (turret/eyeball, dome, bullet, etc.)
Indoor use. It might be little cold at winter but no rainwater or snow etc.
Budget. I live in Europe so euro is pretty much same as dollar..let's say..max. 200$. Less is better..
Camera form factor does not matter. It could be anything because it only provides possibility to mic use.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have some cheapo Revotech indoor cameras that I purchased strictly for their having audio. This particular one come with a mic. I found that the audio with the included mic was about the same as when I attached a Microseven mic. A neighbor about 500 meters away has dogs in a kennel and they sound very close through the mic. I have it mounted in a barn with the mic hanging outside.
On a side note, the camera works quite well also though it does not have IR.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Hellurei

n3wb
Reaction score
I have some cheapo Revotech indoor cameras that I purchased strictly for their having audio. This particular one come with a mic. I found that the audio with the included mic was about the same as when I attached a Microseven mic. A neighbor about 500 meters away has dogs in a kennel and they sound very close through the mic. I have it mounted in a barn with the mic hanging outside.
On a side note, the camera works quite well also though it does not have IR.
Revotech must have really good quality and powerful mic then. I haven't yet tested microseven bullet mic but I red that as poe powered mic it is really powerful. I have few tp link tapo cameras with internal mic and they are not good at all when it comes to audio.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.