Poe over coax

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's a negative for me. But from what I read, as long as the coax is "dry" and has NOTHING else on it, it can provide an Ethernet-like network connection over the coax, using one at each end, of course.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
That's a negative for me. But from what I read, as long as the coax is "dry" and has NOTHING else on it, it can provide an Ethernet-like network connection over the coax, using one at each end, of course.
Yea.. most people have coax run or laying around from old satellite runs. I might test it out.. Adapters are only 15 bucks

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IIRC, DECA is like MoCa, just uses different frequencies. In terms of IP cams, I think I’ve seen MoCa mentioned in a few posts.

My TiVo DVR setup at home uses MoCa and it’s been perfect... DVR (TiVo Bolt) is in the living doom, then there are six TiVo minis in other rooms around the house that use MoCa (across the coax cable TV runs to each room) to make an IP connection to the Bolt. Works just like Ethernet even with Fios TV signal also running across the same coax setup. Speeds are mid-200 Mbps, but I think TiVo’s the bottleneck there, not MoCa.

egypro

n3wb
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.