POE Plug to avoid using with Huisun PTZ cams!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
geez guys take it so personal, those neewer ones are half an amp shy from what Hunisun's specs tell you so its pretty much a given it'll have issues with something.. but those are the kind of issues you see when things are under powered, things not working right until you give it enough power, then everything is fine.. but things burning under those conditions well, thats bad electrical engineering and/or cheap electronics.

junk is what you end up with when Chinese engineers steals someone else's circuitry and start replacing components with whatever is cheapest without understanding the design.. thats why most of the china designed electronics are junk.

I am just saying the hype on these cams needs to chill out a bit, ive said plenty of times they are a good deal for anyone wanting to play with a PTZ.. but just because a junk Chinese PTZ works in your environment is nothing to be ashamed of... most people just want a PTZ because they can, and pro PTZ's are not worth the cost. but any pro's using these should be ashamed.. if you have to work with bottom of the barrel Chinese crap for a living then you have my sympathy.

When you have 2 cheap pieces of Chinese junk plugged in-together and one goes poof, sure you can blame the other device that still works.. but it dont make any sense..

I own a junk Dahua PTZ, I admit it.. total bust, it watches my son play in his room now cuz thats all its good for.. didnt expect much for $150 bux tho, it didnt come with any optics or ir like the hunisun so that clearly wins there.. but it at least has DST an API and good components on its circuit board so it'll be around for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's a relief! I can't speak for Hunisuns...I have a Huisun. It's the Corolla in a sea of Lexus owners...but I'm fine with that. I'd want a huge increase in sample size before pronouncing something as junk...and we all know what truly is 'junk' in this industry, its awash in it.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
sorry, I worked with a vendor in china called Huni Sun for a long time and its burned into my lisdexlic brain.

they got such population density and name collisions im surprised everyone is not just numbers by now...

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ha! Nuthin a good honey blonde ale (or two, more?) won't sort!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
at this point everything new and unproven coming out of china is junk until proven otherwise, not the other way around.. when we find 1% of the people have poe problems okay, but right now on this forum were well higher than 1% of the owners with faulty hardware in under a year.. he just showed 4 examples and I think we have 50 cams perhaps floating on these forums, i think thats generous but definitely not 400 of em.

those are not not good numbers. compared to the thousands of hikvisions owned right here by members its pathetic.. cant recall last thread someone smoked there Hik PoE, and more of em use those exact injectors than there are huisun owners in the world; without complaint.

if you knew your corolla had a 1 in 12 chance of never starting again the first year of ownership would you have bought it?

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Apples and oranges...how many Huisuns have motors, versus the Hikvisions? You've shamed me, so I'm upgrading to Camry! Lexus will have to wait.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I use these plugs for my wireless Hikvision cameras for over two years with no issues, but Huisun cams don't like it! These don't provide enough power for ptz controls and and could potentially burn Huisun POE board. This is strictly based on my experience, as well as another reported issue. If you are using this plugs successfully with v2 please do let us know.

Just for the record, I've been using this exact plug with a Huisun V1 for several months with no real issues. I'm only using a 25ft ethernet cable, though. What's the shortest cable you've tested with?

I've got mine on a post beside the house. What I did to minimize cable length was run a 25ft ethernet from the outside post into the nearest window. From there I plugged the injector into the wall by that window and the network cable into one of those cheap $10 portable routers, then wirelessly bridge that portable router to my main router on the other side of the house through WIFI. Therefore mine is half wired from the camera to the nearest window, then wireless the rest of the way.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Like I said you maybe lucky or maybe i own a bad batch of these or some knock off of a knock off, I haven't had any issue with any certified POE devices except these plugs and Huisun's. Cable I used was also 10 or so feet, I did not use these plugs extensively with Huisuns just to test the functions.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was using the 500mA version Neewer on my old Hik, but Huisun was freaking out after install, so I grabbed the 1A version off AMZ. Turns out the freaking out was network (powerline adapters) related instead. My run is approx. 20 feet, and I don't use IR at all, fwiw.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@klasipca stay on standby for me trying to setup my mini ptz ;)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So what are you guys using to power these mini PTZs since most POE switches don't provide 18w and the iCreatin injector that actually does provide 24w doesn't seem work well with these cams.

I'm looking at this, but it only averages 15w.

https://www.amazon.com/WS-POE-8-48v120w-passive-802-3af-Ethernet-Injector/dp/B00CGN6VUW/ref=sr_1_31?ie=UTF8&qid=1466101171&sr=8-31&keywords=poe+injectors

This is the one I use. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E6LID0S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The one Kawboy posted is POE+, but only has a total power budget of 50w... so that couldn't support 4 POE+ devices simultaneously.

The one bob posted has 8 ports, but only a total power budget of 124w (or 15.5w avg per port).

In this scenario, if I have a IP cam that requires only 10w, but the distance is approx. 100ft long, will a POE port that provides 10w be enough or would I need something with more power to cover the longer distance?

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
True but not really. Of the 8 ports one is connected to my router, another is connected to my BI PC. That leaves 6 ports, the 6 would have 20.6 each but only 5 are PTZ. So, I think I'm in good shape as far as power is concerned.

dalepa

Reaction score
I now how two of the TrendNet 4 PORT POE+ switches, so far no issues running 2 Huisun 10x's from them.

But I also previously ran 4 of the single POE Plugs and have not had any issues with them either. Maybe just lucky.

So what are you guys using to power these mini PTZs since most POE switches don't provide 18w and the iCreatin injector that actually does provide 24w doesn't seem work well with these cams.

I'm looking at this, but it only averages 15w.

https://www.amazon.com/WS-POE-8-48v120w-passive-802-3af-Ethernet-Injector/dp/B00CGN6VUW/ref=sr_1_31?ie=UTF8&qid=1466101171&sr=8-31&keywords=poe+injectors

th3bloody9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score