PoE Switch and Power Questons

Reaction score
Retrofitting an existing CCTV system with a new Dahua XVR Pentabrid. I want to add 2-3 new Dahua cameras (ptz's and pano) to my retrofit which will be PoE (new to this game). I have to use a PoE switch due to the retrofit. I am probably just adding 2 cameras for now due to the cost and 3rd later when I save up my pennies. The power requirements for all 3 are 1) Hi-PoE /AC24V / 38W max 2) PoE+ / AC24V / 23W max and 3) PoE+ AC24V / 23W max (total 84W max). I want to avoid wall warts as much as possible. My system is mounted in a security cabinet (with alarm, CCTV, HA) with limited room and outlets. I was looking for a simple fix and hopefully inexpensive PoE Switch that could handle 3 cameras and provide the power needed. I was looking at this one Dahua Technology DH-PFL2106-4ET-96 which has 4 ports with total 96W budget but I think only 1 Hi-PoE port??? Again, trying to avoid the wall warts as the PoE switch would require 1 outlet and 3 more outlets for the camera warts. Can someone please advise if this would work or if there is a better option or suggestion.

The_E

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Linda,

That switch would work well.
If you’ll only be installing one PTZ, this switch will be fine because yes, it only has one Hi-PoE port. It’s typically PTZ cameras that require higher power.

So if that switch fits the budget, go for it!:)