PoE Switch Suggestions

pm1961

n3wb
Reaction score
What a price! That would have been my preferred model, but sadly not common on this side of the pond in that price range.

The fan mod is a huge plus for versatility on where you put it. Mine is in the attic so noise isn't an issue, but if circumstances change it would be great to be able to put it wherever.

I have no hands on experience of the device you're talking about, but it's a max draw when all lit up. Personally I wouldn't worry about it. If it did present a problem, A standalone PoE injector would be a cheap fix.

Switches with 60W PoE++ (802.3bt) are plentiful (and not cheap by comparison), but defeats your recent efforts anyway!

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion. I actually ended up going with an Aruba S2500-48P after a user mentioned it above. Seemed like a great switch for the price (just as you mentioned old enterprise switch) and I only paid $99 for it on ebay(tax included). I already found a video on YouTube that shows exactly how to setup the IP and web interface from a fresh factory wipe. I think this is my best option.

I do have one question though. I want to purchase one ptz camera. (Probably won't be this one since it's so expensive) but the specs mention that max watts is 36 which is more than the 30 watts per port that my switch allows. What are my options here?

Nice PTZ. This POE injector should drive it easily enough .... Amazon.com

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.