Pointers for getting Dahua IPC-T2431T-AS Pan/Tilt control working in BI?

DougMc

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings experts!
I have a new IPC-T2431T-AS and so far I've got the video stream working, but I'm not having much luck with Pan and Tilt control. Any pointers?
After running the "inspect" function, the entry in the PTZ control is populated by the ONVIF (OXML) entry, and I've also tried all the Dahua options. If I could find HTML commands somehwere I could set that up but, so far, I can't find that info anywhere.
Regards
Doug

TheSwede

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome !

Thats a nice camera but without PTZ.

The onvif might found functions an the processor that responds to commands but the mecanics is missing.

Not even varifocal since it is fixed lens.

The other turrets with varifocal is not a really zoom, its more "select FOV" and leave it there.

Brgds The Swede

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That camera you have to manually set the direction it is pointing and it is a fixed lens. No PTZ functions will work on that camera. You would need a PTZ for that.

Last edited:

DougMc

n3wb
Reaction score
Well that explains it! Duh.

I looked at so many cameras that day that I must have got confused. In this location (front door/porch) I think pan and tilt is actually pretty helpful so that I can look pretty much straight down to check for packages.

Any suggestions for a good low-ish light POE camera? Is there a list somewhere of cameras recommended by the community?
cheers
Doug

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The Dahua 5442 and Hikvision Darkfighter series are the goto cameras for low light use. Neither will do color in total darkness so you need some ambient light or switch to IR at night. Both Dahua and Hikvision make versions with white LEDs that will remain in color, 24/7, but they supply their own "ambient" light with those white LEDs. Being a Dahua fan, here are a few links -

Review - Loryata (Dahua OEM) IPC-T5442T-ZE varifocal Turret

Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+

Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ Turret

Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Turret, Full Color, Starlight+)

Review: IPC-HDBW5442R-ASE-NI - Dahua Technology Pro AI Bullet Network Camera

2231 Review
Review-OEM IPC-T2231RP-ZS 2mp Varifocal Turret Starlight Camera

3241T-ZAS Review

Less expensive models -