Pole mounting something like the Dahua IPC-HDW2231R-ZS from a commercial ceiling joist

Shark92651

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What sort of base, conduit, and combination of parts do people use to drop down a turret camera into something like a retail space? Or is there a decent commercial product available at a good price?

Will.I.Am

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahua do a standard mounting base that could be secured to conduit. It's 20mm here in the UK, I'm not sure what size it is in imperial heathen land but it'll probably tell you in the specs for the American model of the base.

I also regularly see cameras mounted straight on to basket or tray if that's run at the right level, or if there's a suspended ceiling the tiles are fine to mount on as long as a wooden back board is fitted.

Shark92651

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an open ceiling in my showroom and I want to drop them down from the trusses or joists. My open ceiling is spray-painted black so I was thinking an EMT conduit painted black with some sort of pendant mount on the back of the camera that can thread onto the EMT, and then I have a mount on the other end of the EMT that is clamped to the trusses. I have seen a commercial product like this but it costs more than the cameras and I don't even know if the pendant base would match up with the holes on the Dahua camera. Most of the bases I have seen that can be secured to conduit secure it from the side. I want something that will let me mount the conduit to the back of the base like this:

Will.I.Am

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can get the fancy looking ones like that, but the standard mounting base is also threaded to the rear so you can thread it straight on to the conduit

Or worst case scenario, you thread the conduit into a galvanised terminal box and make two new mounting holes in the base to mount it to the terminal box. They do make a ceiling pole themselves but it's probably 10 times the price of a length of conduit.

Shark92651

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am looking for affordable, not fancy. Thanks, I will purchase one of the standard bases and give it a try.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Regular pipe flanges can be had with the usual pipe threads to fit threaded pipe (same as rigid conduit).

You could then drill normal camera mounting boxes and bolt them to the flanges.

Around here, you can get pipe flanges at Home Depot, Menards, etc. Same with pre-threaded lengths of pipe and counduit.

You can get flanges in iron or plastic. You could even use plastic schedule 80 pipe with glue adapters or thread it, etc. There are a lot of possibilities depending on the materials you prefer to use.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.