Police visit

oknoob

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They was looking in the wrong adrress. This is a 5442 TM AS is the only camera i keep in color at nigth. I like the deputy when he find the camera. How the pictures looks. Is installed in the soffit eve around 8'. And some of the settings.

Attachments

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
You have your shutter speed range set to 0-20ms. 20ms is a pretty slow shutter speed (1/50th of a second). That is why there is motion blurring in the picture. Ideally you should keep that max shutter speed at 10ms (1/100th of a second) or faster (smaller ms number) but even getting it to a max of 12 or 13ms will really help reduce the blurring. I would also recommend that you turn the contrast down. Turning it up might make the light areas brighter (and I suspect that is how you arrived at that number), but it also makes the darker areas darker. For example, there is a too much contrast between the officer's faces (which is overexposed and therefore lacks detail) and their shirts (which are very underexposed in the shadow area and therefore lacks detail). Turning the contrast down would help fix both of those issues to some degree.

Now I realize everything is a compromise and these settings may be what it required to keep this camera in full color. If there are other cameras covering this area and your main goal for this cameras is to provide color reference for other camera footage, then these settings are probably adequate. However, if this is the main camera covering this portion of the driveway and therefore your only source for "identifiable footage", I'd still try to tweak the settings to get a faster shutter speed and more even exposure.

PS - I can't watch the video at work, so I am basing these suggestions from the still images only.

Last edited: