Police

Reaction score
Camera is recording in B&W during the day (not sure why) but do police have something blocking their license plates from cameras or is this guy just missing his plate?

cop plate.jpg

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I've noticed in the past 4-5 months Orange County Sheriff here has begun using some film to block the reflectiveness of their plates from IR. Almost like they sprayed something on them as it's not even but more like someone took a spray can of something to the plate.

Last edited:

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just had two come by to visit our neighborhood problem children :mad:

here's what Im seeing

View attachment 43340 View attachment 43341 View attachment 43342 View attachment 43343
Hum, looks kind of like the trick the red light & Toll runners were using with visible white light flashes from the cameras. They would spray paint their plates w/ clear gloss Krylon paint. When the camera flash would hit it, the entire plate would reflect light and make the description indiscernible. Wonder what it would look like in IR light?

nelson maldonado

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah I'm in Apopka Florida,, in Orange county if they go through a red light they have to pay for it out of their own pocket unless it's an emergency yeah but God forbid if you did it on your car

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure the other identifying marks on the car could be used, but that would require human intervention. An automated tolling/fining system based on LPR would be circumvented and that is probably what matters.