Pool Billiard Stream - Camera Recommendation?

Kugelrund

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi to all!

I’m the new one from Austria :)

Great that I found your forum with such a huge number of information and it helped me so far.

We operate a pool billiard hall and we want to install IP cams (1 to 3) for livestreaming matches from one table over Youtube & Co. For switching between cams we plan to use OBS Studio Software https://obsproject.com/ , with we can make overlays like live scoring and advertising too. (Perhaps we add some other cams on other tables which can access direct to another Youtube stream – without overlays.) Upload speed is around 40 Mbit/sec – good.

Livestreaming happens only on around 10 days per year. So the other 355 days the cameras should act for surveillance. Here we store the videos on a local QNAP NAS - for example.

So our goal is to find the “right” cameras and here I ask for your help.

Idea 1:
3 fix mounted cams around 1 table, perhaps with optical zoom.
If the cams are not used there, we mount them on other places for surveillance.

Idea 2 (favorite):
1 fix mounted cam and 1 cam with PTZ and optical zoom. So we can “move” (pan) the cam on other tables without dismantling it.

Costs:
3 fixed cams can be less expensive than 1 fixed plus 1 cam like the AXIS V5915 (too expensive). But hopefully you can recommend other cams like some from HIKVISION. ;-)
Maybe some with direct accessing Youtube and/or others.

Technical conditions:
Because the balls on the table are running quick and we want to see them (not only lines), we think to need 60fps and the “needed” lens for the (bad) light conditions, distance is about 4-5 meters and up. (You see we have no experience here)
Power over Ethernet, indoor use,..

Here is an example video made by professionals with extra lights: And here one made with an AXIS M5014 cam a few days ago:
Can you please recommend me cameras?

Thanks a lot,

Robert