poor picture 2132f camera

jordanb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions as to why the picture on cam 9 is like that? It is not my system, Im looking for suggestions to help out a mate from work, who isnt too clued up on IP systems

It was working fine, up until a few days ago, went offline from nvr, he reset factory defaults, now its came back online with the poor picture.

thanks

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I would guess a loose connection inside the camera. If it has a warranty, return it for replacement. Otherwise open it up and see if you can find a loose connector or ribbon cable out of place and fix it.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, I would second bp2008's thoughts on the loose wire. I had an old analog camera a while back that started giving a very similar appearance. I opened it up and started pushing in on the connectors. When I struck one wire, the image suddenly turned normal. Let go and 30 seconds later it went back to looking crazy. Shoved in on the wire again and it cleared back up. After a few more rounds, I figured it was time for it to make a trip back to the seller. (Note: I don't recommend taking it apart to try this yourself if there's any type of warranty on the cam...Only reason I risked it with mine was because it was a big 17 pound PTZ camera that would have to go back to China and was trying to avoid the $100 shipping cost)