Poor video quality

Reaction score
I have a 3 monitor setup on my computer. Two of the monitors are normal computer monitors, the third is a vizio TV. I recently added 3 new cameras (Dahua 5442). When blue iris is displayed on the monitors, the picture looks great. But when I display blue iris on the TV, the new cameras look very pixelated, but all my other cameras look fine on the TV. Very noticeable on straight lines in the video. I have played with different stream settings in the video tab with no luck. Any idea as to what is causing this on the new cameras?

desktop.PNGtv.PNGdriveway TV.PNGdriveway monitor.PNG

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Up your bitrate. Most of us have seen the 5442 needs at least 8192 bitrate and CBR instead of VBR.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
On my Samsung TV which is connected to our home desktop you have tell the TV that the port that the computer is connected to is a PC else it will try and process the incoming signal through it upscalers which results in a blurry pixelated image.

To do this on the Samsung you go into the menus, pick the port and then select options for the port and select PC. The desktop also has to be connected to a specific port which is marked as PC/DVI on the back.

Reaction score
On my Samsung TV which is connected to our home desktop you have tell the TV that the port that the computer is connected to is a PC else it will try and process the incoming signal through it upscalers which results in a blurry pixelated image.

To do this on the Samsung you go into the menus, pick the port and then select options for the port and select PC. The desktop also has to be connected to a specific port which is marked as PC/DVI on the back.
The tv is set to "computer". Also it is only doing it to the new cameras, not all the cameras which leads me to believe it is a setting with the new cameras.