Pop sound often

Reaction score
Why am I getting the "pop" sound over BI so often now?
I used to notice it when I would open the remote BI view with another computer on my lan. Now I hear it often. We are not hooked up for anything to go out to the wan. We only view cameras on our lan and record manually.
I do have the sons family hooked to our lan via an outdoor AP. Could they be viewing the BI web server through our lan?
What causes BI to make the "pop" sound?

Jared

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
that is someone logging on, check then messages window the check connections, you should be able to tell who and how many times, how long, etc.

wayner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
And it could be other software that you have that is logging on - for example I have a Control4 Home Automation system and I can use it to view my BI cameras. But doing that caused the popping sound to keep happening - until I shut it off.

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Happens when you connect using the iPhone app also

cainrand

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As everyone is saying above...

If you go to Options/Users you can Edit a user and see what sound is playing or uncheck the sound
Capture.PNG

On the top of BI you can click the Status icon then select Connections, and see who is connected when.

Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone. It was my computer(BI help says 127.x.x.x is your own PC) now and then making the noise. No bigee. I also turned off the sound.
Nobody watching that should not be watching...........
I sure love BI.