Popping noise when log in and randomly while running server

Geo Ya

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running BI server in the background on and intel NUC with Win10. When i log into my BI console on the NUC, I get a loud "pop" sound, indicating I logged in. I also get the same pop when i remotely log in using UI3.

As I use the same PC for viewing movies and have it hooked up to home theatre speakers. While watching movies, or just siting idle, I get the same random pop sound every few minutes (10-20 minutes) - quite annoying.

I have checked all of the settings i can think of to no avail, multiple searches. I have all alert sounds turned off that i can see for all cameras.

Any pointers on what to do/where to look?

Thanks
gny

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
If you look under settings, then under the user tab, then select a user, there is a button at the bottom to execute an action upon login and log off.
Make sure these do not have a sound under them?

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
^^^
1592327890657.png

BTW, I recall that this used to be a per-user option (‘login/logout sounds’) on the Settings > Users tab, but it appears to be missing now. It’s not in the help PDF either (unless I’m overlooking it). Apparently it's been replaced in BI5 with the Action set functionality.

Interestingly, I still see this registry setting for some users on my system. Editing it has no effect. Legacy I guess.
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris\server\users\{username}\soundonconnect

Last edited:

Geo Ya

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks kindly - never thought to look there of all places! I've turned it off and i now does not pop during login.

I will report back later if it solved the movie watching problem as well.

Thanks again!
gny