Popular cam

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this the latest cam that's popular from that andy guy?(1st link) second link is the older model correct?
US $150.39 6%OFF | 2019 New Arriving AI IP Camera IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED 4MP Full color Starlight+ WDR Turret AI Network Camera, free DHL shipping

US $153.61 6%OFF | 2019 New Arriving IP Camera IPC-T5442TM-AS 4MP Starlight+ WDR IR Eyeball AI Network Camera , free DHL shipping

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes it is, but many opt for the varifocal version that is not that much more to let you dial in the area you are trying to cover better. These make great overview cams or to ID someone from 10 feet away or closer. If you are looking to ID someone from further away, then look at the varifocal option.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes it is, but many opt for the varifocal version that is not that much more to let you dial in the area you are trying to cover better. These make great overview cams or to ID someone from 10 feet away or closer. If you are looking to ID someone from further away, then look at the varifocal option.
Yea I'll be testing one soon.i have a dahua cam that went wonkey and display is dark.rest of my dahua setup still going strong

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Take the wonky one off line with no power for a day and do a factory reset - I brought one back to life one day that way!
It displays but picture is darken.i was out of the country for 15 months.i came back and noticed picture was darker than rest of cams.i turned brightness up but the picture didn't look normal to me.will try reset tomorrow.thx

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is the popular varifocal turret that is 4MP on the 1/1.8" sensor:

and bullet:

Unless you have a ton of light, you will want to avoid the Full Color because if you do not have enough light, it does not see infrared.