Porch Pirates Arrested YAY !

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Today, some would be “porch pirates” met their match when the ever diligent citizens of our City continued to show they’re looking out for each other.

This afternoon, several residents alerted the PD. While officers ‍♂♀circulated the area, they were able to locate the vehicle and two suspects responsible!

Several items of stolen property and possible stolen mail were found in their vehicle. For their troubles, these two will be spending the rest of their holiday at county jail on theft, conspiracy and possession of stolen property charges.

This was the statement from our PD. Earlier today the same car was on my street as well.. Here is the video..

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I am hoping if they found mail on them..that is considered federal offense so that will keep them in for a while.

Update: Police did find bags of USPS mail which they stole from people mailboxes. Hopefully this will keep them in :D

Under United States Code 18 Section 1708, federal mail theft is a felony. If you are charged with mail theft, you could face up to five years in federal prison and fines of up to $250,000.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I am hoping if they found mail on them..that is considered federal offense so that will keep them in for a while.

Update: Police did find bags of USPS mail which they stole from people mailboxes. Hopefully this will keep them in :D

Under United States Code 18 Section 1708, federal mail theft is a felony. If you are charged with mail theft, you could face up to five years in federal prison and fines of up to $250,000.
I hope the judge makes an example out of them.

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That assumes that the local police will even turn them over to the feds. This is in Commiefornia after all.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
That assumes that the local police will even turn them over to the feds. This is in Commiefornia after all.
True. I really hope they do..Its sad to see Laws in California kind of work for criminals rather than for people:(

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice work! What cameras did you use?
Some of the The camera in the video above which are being used are

Dahua DH-SD8A840WA-HNF
Dahua SD6CE245U-HNI
IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E
IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E

But if you want the plates I would go with any of these

IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E
IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E

Love these cameras also check with @EMPIRETECANDY his name is Andy he can get you any type of security camera you want.