Port 8000 Only Port Open after factory Reset

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a hikvision ds-2cd6986f-h and I'm unable to configure it using Hikvision tool (Batch Configuration). I did a Nmap scan and it appears that the 8000 port is the only port open. I can ping the device. I'm able to use SADP to change the IP address but the issue persists.

It was like this out of the box as well.

Has anyone experienced this? How do I open the rest of the ports?

Thanks

Last edited:

v-milenin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi. U can try to edit settings via remote config in IVMS-4200. But i think, that the problem is out the closed port. But where?

Reaction score
Hi. U can try to edit settings via remote config in IVMS-4200. But i think, that the problem is out the closed port. But where?
v-milenin,

Thanks for the quick response! I'll try that and report back. Won't be til tomorrow though.

Yes, I would agree the closed ports are preventing me from doing anything. I forgot to mention it came out of the box like this. I've read in another thread that there are specific steps to properly factory reset Hikvision cameras, is that true?

Thanks

v-milenin

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Usually u should press a reset button before turning on the camera and press it during about 30 sec after camera has turned on, but i used it only once about 8 years ago, so i'm not sure.
Also u can change the firmware via tftp.
Also, i think, that it's possible to turn on the ports via the serial connection, but i'm not sure. I definetly know, that it's possible to change the default camera's IP, but not sure about the port.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a hikvision ds-2cd6986f-h and I'm unable to configure it using Hikvision tool (Batch Configuration). I did a Nmap scan and it appears that the 8000 port is the only port open. I can ping the device. I'm able to use SADP to change the IP address but the issue persists.

It was like this out of the box as well.

Has anyone experienced this? How do I open the rest of the ports?

Thanks
Discovery port is always open on cameras regardless of manufacturer.