Port Fardwarding with new Asus GT AX11000 Router

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, never had any issues until I bought a new router. Had a Linksys EA7500 and port forwarding worked well but router was dated. Bought a new Asus GT AX11000 and now I can not get port forwarding to work. I think this is the issue. When in Blue Iris I try to put the IP address of the computer that Blue Iris is running on and Blue Iris will not let me change the Local, internal (LAN) access. It shows 23.&*^.@#.110:81. This is not my computer IP address. Any idea's?

Skinny

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't believe your ASUS router is at fault...

The IP address within the Settings / Web Server / Interfaces: box is showing 23.###.###.110:81 rather than what you're expecting? (10.10.10.10 in the graphic)

Does your PC have multiple network interfaces? Can you click on the "v" within Interfaces: box and choose another NIC with the expected IP address?

1583084313461.png

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guess I am not following you on the "V" in interface box. I tabbed on to web server and it will not let me change any of the Red Highlighted area you have marked.

I did hook my old Linksys EA7500 back up and the port forwarding works just fine, and it used a IP address of 192.168.1.23 using port 81. But as soon as I hook up my Asus GT AX11000 router it changes the IP address to the 23.###.###.110 port 81 and stops working. I have shut off all the fire walls in the PC and the Asus router to no avail.

Thank you for trying to help. I am about ready to take this router back to the store and try a different one.

Any other suggestions?

Skinny

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
the pull down "V"

====

was this a new or returned router? either way, it might be worthwhile to do a factory reset back to all defaults before returning it to the store.

Attachments

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe it is the router as it is assigning the IP addresses such as the Local, internal (LAN) access IP to 23.###.###.110:81. As soon as I hook up the Linksys EA7500 it changes the Local, internal (LAN) access IP to 192.168.1.123 and starts working. Maybe it's the setup of the Asus GT AX11000 router. This thing has so many options it's not funny but man is it fast.

This is a brand new router as of yesterday.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In Blue Iris I make it to page three of the REMOTE ACCESS setup window and it fails giving me a - Listening on port: 23.###.###.110:81 - Web Request: error 12002 and - Net Status: (is empty) (then a red X next to it.

Also when I scan all the IP address on the Blue Iris server none of the scanned IP addresses are 23.###.###.110:81 which leads me to believe this IP address is being assigned by the Asus GT AX 11000 router.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In Blue Iris I make it to page three of the REMOTE ACCESS setup window and it fails giving me a - Listening on port: 23.###.###.110:81 - Web Request: error 12002 and - Net Status: (is empty) (then a red X next to it.

Also when I scan all the IP address on the Blue Iris server none of the scanned IP addresses are 23.###.###.110:81 which leads me to believe this IP address is being assigned by the Asus GT AX 11000 router.
Change the lan IP address range in the Asus router to the same as the old router.
See the manual: ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Manual | Networking | ASUS USA

DO NOT port forward, you will be hacked.
How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) | IP Cam Talk

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I shut port forwarding off.

I changed the Lan IP address range Basic setting under DHCP Server to 192.168.1.100 thru 192.168.1.199 to match my Linksys EA7500 and I am still having the same issue with Blue Iris remote access not working.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I shut port forwarding off.

I changed the Lan IP address range Basic setting under DHCP Server to 192.168.1.100 thru 192.168.1.199 to match my Linksys EA7500 and I am still having the same issue with Blue Iris remote access not working.
You will need to setup OpenVPN as outlined in the article link I posted.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think this is way over my head. I have the OpenVPN installed, working, and a client assigned IP. What do I do now? Blue Iris will not let me add the new IP address to the web server tab under Local, internal, (LAN) access.

My Asus router now shows OpenVPN is connected.

Reaction score
Your OpenVPN client should be able to pull up the Blue Iris UI3 web interface. Just select the primary interface from that interface pulldown and assign a port number in that top box. Once you are connected via OpenVPN you are essentially in your LAN network, so it should work jsut like you were sitting on a computer on your network or a device on your wifi.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
cew030 Thank for the reply, you lost me on the second sentence. Are you talking about the OpenVPN client interface or Blue Iris interface? I have a OpenVPN client IP address, where do I type that in at? Like I said this is all new to me so bear with me. Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

Reaction score
You don't. If you are connected from a device like your phone to OpenVPN at your house, it should behave very similar to if you were on your home WiFi. Pull up your Blue Iris computer UI3 http://ip_of_blue_iris_machine:port_of internal LAN IP address (something like 192.168.X.X or 10.X.X.X -- however your network is setup) from a computer on your network.

Once that works, connect OpenVPN and try the same address in your browser on your phone.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for your help. I am not having any luck logging in from my phone our within the network using Lan or wan access. time for a break. Again, thank you.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
OpenVPN won't connect with your phone if you're on your local WiFi connection. Turn off WiFi on the phony phone, bring up OpenVPN and you should be able to log right in. If you can't, there's something wrong with the credentials so try exporting them from the router again and re-installing them on the phone.