Port settings

thorholt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, I have a question on the port settings on the mini bullet V1, I have a EyeSurv NVR that is configured and running and I can remote view it fine, I added the Huisun camera and I don't want it running through the NVR so I just plugged it into the router so I can access it remotely mainly for watching deer, I switched the Mini's tcp to .108 the rest is default, I can log into the camera remotely and access settings etc. but I get no picture, I cannot forward port 554 in the router because the NVR is already using it, I would like to learn what all the settings do on the camera and router but I cannot find a good explanation of them, Anyone know or have a link? Thanks

smoothie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't know about that camera model options but I can tell you that you might be able to work around the problem. If your firewall and viewing software allow it you might be able to use a different external TCP/UDP port. If your remote viewing software allows you to specify a different port, and your firewall allows you to forward ports to other ports you might be able to get it working. Since you likely have just 1 public IP address (99.99% of residential connections are just 1 public IP address) you essentially only have one port 554, which is forwarded to the DVR. What might work is changing the port from 554 on your remote viewing software to, say 25123 for example, then have your firewall allow port 25123 traffic in and through to the mini bullet v1 IP address on port 554. if it is possible you could also change the mini bullet v1 to listen on port 25123 instead of 554, then have the firewall forward the public ip address port 25123 traffic in to the mini bullet v1 ip address port 25123. I know networking and computers but not cameras much yet, so from a technological standpoint this is sound, but I cannot say if the camera or the viewing software would allow this to happen.

thorholt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, I was able to switch the RTSP port and get it to work, But I do not understand the cameras 2 configuration settings are, the one named "Port" is where you can set the HTTP, RTSP and HTTPS port numbers, That I get but them there is the 2nd screen that is labeled "Port Mapping" it has the same settings but with a box you can check to "Enable Port Mapping" Not sure what it is for, Any Ideas?

smoothie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't know what that is referring to. You could try experimenting with the settings and see what happens. I am assuming in "the one named "Port" is where you can set the HTTP, RSTP, and HTTPS port numbers" you have the option to enter any numeric value to change say HTTP from the default of port 80 to some other number ?

thorholt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, I was able to set the port settings to different values in the "Port" settings and get it to work but I am wondering what the "Port Mapping" is for?

smoothie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not sure about the "port mapping", that could be either poor translation or a camera specific tech I am unfamiliar with. So you were able to get it all working the way you wanted right ?

thorholt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes for now, I plan on adding more cameras and there is only so many available slots to allow port forwarding on the router, I will need to figure that out also, Thanks for your help!