portble battery powered 24h footage camera

Jinx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looney you may be correct but Mobius comes in three versions for viewing angle iirc.

Looked it up....

Q. What are the widest FOV of the A, B & C lenses?

A. Standard “A” Lens in 1080P wide = 85 deg./Wide Angle “B” Lens in 1080P wide = 116 deg./Wide Angle “C”/”C2” Lens in 1080P wide = 132 deg.”

Source: FAQ Mobius1

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
This would be easy. Mobius dash cam with 26Ah Anker power pack and your golden.
Mobius is tiny, low power consumption and very reliable.

Biggest problem is storage space but low quality or time lapse if you can suffer it would be options.
Anker power pack is Lithium Ion. Not advisable in 48 degree heat + the discharge heat. Very high risk of fire.

Mobius specify 47 degrees max - so those temps exceed those for the max operating temp even without a housing or the heat given off by the Mobius itself. Mobius also specify a cooling fans at those temps directed onto the heat sink: 1. Impossible in a housing, 2. Impossible in a mine with no usable mains at present.

The 48 degree temp in the mine is also going to be way lower than the Mobius in a water housing which is going to trap the heat from the heat sink.

The maximum SD Card size is 128gb = approx 16hrs recording not 24hrs, unless you reduce resolution in which case you're losing the very detail you require.

http://www.mobius-actioncam.com/mobius/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Mobius-Manual-23jan15a.pdf

Jinx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be concerned, check out the huge online following of this camera, plenty of guys in Arizona running these in a car windscreen continuously. Dashcamtalk forum had it as the most reliable cam to buy, not sure if it still does, don’t follow as much recently. USB fans are readily avalible and super cheap.

Steel enclosure is easily knocked up, Li-ion power banks are pretty damn reliable, bet you can’t find more than a couple horror stories from the millions in use? I guess these guys don’t have phones, torches, vapes, laptops with Li-ions in then if the heat will spontaneously combust them :smash:

This is the trouble with today’s snowflake generation, scared to try anything. A bunch of naysayers.