Possible fix: Viewing S3VC Live Feed in other browsers

Reaction score
Rather new member, but thought I would pass this along. I have a 4MP S3VC POE camera, which has great picture and, from my experience, good night vision. I was frustrated with it not working with Chrome or Firefox, so I got bored and in Chrome, right clicked on the web ui from the login screen, and hit "Inspect". I saw the following.

WebSocket connection to 'ws://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:12352/' failed: WebSocket is closed before the connection is established. worker_recv.js:1

Upon allowing the port shown in my forwarding table for testing, I got this.

The websocket connected. 0 worker_recv.js:1
codec_id= 28 raw_player.js:1
(id:0) running... decoder_worker worker_ffmpeg.js:1

I then clicked on Sub-Stream and Main Stream, and the video worked in Google Chrome. Every once in a while, it seems that the time reset to 1-1-18 Tuesday, 00:00, but would come back to normal time when I went to System, Date and Time, Refresh.
After a while, the following showed up and the video froze.
wait timeout, close websocket. 1 worker_recv.js:1

It appears to be tied to the browser getting access to the camera through video.js, though I'm not too sure. Any other info would be good. I plan to keep these ports closed, but thought that if someone really wanted to see it in other browsers would like this. I'm just not too sure about this being a vector of attack, as it isn't a port that is listed in the device configuration you can adjust.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
About a year ago I bought a Sunba PTZ and a SV3c. Set them up using VMS that came with Sumba camera. Before long I purchased Blue Iris and set them up on it useing find/inspect. Since then i’v been adding Dahua cameras. I Change password & IP address, inisalize, then add to BI. Last night I installed smartPss so I can get into the cameras settings. SmartPss was able to find all the Dahua cameras but the Sunba and Sv3c didn’t come up. Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong. By the way, the VMS that came with Sumba does detect all cameras. Thank you

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
About a year ago I bought a Sunba PTZ and a SV3c. Set them up using VMS that came with Sumba camera. Before long I purchased Blue Iris and set them up on it useing find/inspect. Since then i’v been adding Dahua cameras. I Change password & IP address, inisalize, then add to BI. Last night I installed smartPss so I can get into the cameras settings. SmartPss was able to find all the Dahua cameras but the Sunba and Sv3c didn’t come up. Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong. By the way, the VMS that came with Sumba does detect all cameras. Thank you
Smart pss will only detect dahua and dahua oem'ed cameras. Sunba and sv3c are not made by dahua. If you are using BI there is no need for pss. You can access the camera settings directly via browser.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks @fenderman. I tried that the other night and ran into problems with them not opening up. But I’ll give it another try. I’ll remove pss and the nvr that loaded with it.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
"I installed smartPss so I can get into the cameras setting"

why not just go to the cam UI's directly at cam's IP in your browser to configure them?