Possible to get an analog feed from IP system?

arattler

n3wb
Reaction score
We are upgrading an existing analog NVR and cameras to an IP based Dahua solution. Installation is cat cable with BNC baluns so should be straight forward. The customer currently has a BPT intercom system that takes an anolog feed directly from one of the current cameras. The feed goes through a splitter that sends to the current NVR and Intercom system. The customer wants to upgrade this camera and also wants to keep the feed to the intercom system. The customer wants a local monitor on HDMI to monitor and browse the feeds. So the requirement would be to have an analog feed to the intercom system of 1 of the IP cameras.

Are there any solutions that could do this?

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A slight contradiction in terms - do you want an analog feed or HDMI (digital) feed? Or both?
For HDMI, a basic decoder will work. Check the specs for what stream you need to decode - H.264, H.265, etc.
There are also decoders available for analog signals: TVI, CVI & analog HD signals. Same decorder req's as above.

arattler

n3wb
Reaction score
Appologies. The HDMI output of the NVR will be being used to display the NVR menu on a local monitor for local playback so this cannot be used to downconvert to analog. I guess I am after a device that could sit on the network and convert the H264 stream to an analog output that can then be used for the Intercom system. I've come up with a possible solution using a raspberry Pi with rpisurv but thought there might be a better way.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We are upgrading an existing analog NVR and cameras to an IP based Dahua solution. Installation is cat cable with BNC baluns so should be straight forward. The customer currently has a BPT intercom system that takes an anolog feed directly from one of the current cameras. The feed goes through a splitter that sends to the current NVR and Intercom system. The customer wants to upgrade this camera and also wants to keep the feed to the intercom system. The customer wants a local monitor on HDMI to monitor and browse the feeds. So the requirement would be to have an analog feed to the intercom system of 1 of the IP cameras.

Are there any solutions that could do this?
Ip camera to analog client wouldn't be automated unless you took a raspberry pi 4 and used it as the client and output ntsc or pal through its composite video port.

But a professional solution would be a better analog camera in the intercom system and a HDView of Hikvision analog to 5MP or 4MP ip camera encoder for the NVR part.
HD view B07CVW4JCS or Hikvision DS-6701HWI

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was going to suggest the RPI, but you've already gone there. Hard to beat....

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My Dahua NVR has HDMI and VGA outputs. The HDMI output has my main cameras. I've configured the VGA output as a sub-screen that displays some interior cameras. I use a VGA to HDMI convertor on it. But in your case you would use a VGA to Composite (PAL/NTSC) convertor.

- Thomas

arattler

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, ill take a look at using the VGA output as a sub-screen and downscling to composite. If this works then that would be the ideal solution.