Possible to Record IP Camera to Redundant NVRs?

Reaction score
I have six Dahua 4MP IP cameras and a Dahua NVR with 8 channels ePOE and 8 channels POE. The cameras are wired directly to the NVR - no WiFi. Is there a way to record the image from each IP camera to two NVRs without using WiFi? When I had the same setup with HDCVI and DVR Dahua products, I had the cameras attached to a distributor which then allowed two DVRs to record each camera image. Thanks!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure where Wifi plays a role, but if you had the cameras wired to a switch on your LAN first, and both NVR's also wired to the switch, then they could be recorded to two separate NVR's.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can also stream from one NVR to the other. Simply add the NVR as a camera and change the channel number. The suggestion by bigredfish is better because the second NVR does not rely on the first and you implied you are seeking redundancy. A hard disk failure in the primary nvr can easily put it in a boot loop killing the stream to the second.

Reaction score
Thanks all. I'm completely new to all of this IP stuff. My setup is Cat6 from each individual camera directly to the NVR ePOE ports. I mentioned WiFi because I was told I could also view/record the images via the web but my simple brain understood camera to NVR. ePOE was an education for me!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes once you get connected, use the Web browser interface to manage the NVR and the cameras.