Possible to reset to factory to clear password?

Carito

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an HIK DS-7608NI-SE

For some reason I cannot get into the Admin account. I was able to use the SADP tool about 4 months ago and change it where you plug in the start time and serial to that forum post with the reset tool. I created a good password that for some reason is not working.

The SADP tool is not working work any longer. No idea why. I haven't changed the firmware etc and don't think my model is Chinese since the serial is 8P0820140221BBRR452230397WCVU but all I get is "Password recovery failed". I purchased this thing probably two years ago.

Is there some way to open the NVR where the HDD is and reset it somehow back to 12345? Reset button?

thx

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
8P0820140221BBRR452230397WCVU
2/21/2014 - Production Date
B - CPU Freq
B - DSP Freq
RR - Other/Unspecified Region
452230397 - Your Units SN
WCVU - Feature Sets included (Web, VT, Video/VGA, USB)

You can TRY to contact HIK Support and see if they will provide you the unlock code. However, if this was not purchased from an authorized seller, or it is located in a part of the world it was not intended to be bought from you will most likely be S.O.L cause HIK's some assholes like that.

Carito

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. I'm going to be moving in about 9 months. I had prev taken screen shots of all the settings thinking if this ever happened again, I could reset it and just add all the cameras back and their settings. I'd never thought that some kinda reset or format wasn't an option.

So I guess I could keep using this, or buy something else. I plan on getting new stuff when my house is completed. I can see the logs under my account as an operator and I dont think the admin account has been compromised since I don't see any external connections coming in. Thats what happened the last time. I neglected to change it after setting it up. Logs showed someone from the ukraine reset the password.

If I wanted to replace it would you have any recommendations even if not another HIK? The 3 cams I have are HIK, so I don't know if the NVR has to the same brand. I did look at the Distributors on the HIK site last night and I didnt recognize a single company name. The cameras I got from Nellys.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Don't mix and match Hik with other brands.

I'd keep e-mailing hik until they finally give in and allow you to reset the password rather than buy another Hikvision which you could end up in the same boat with.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Actually, what's the firmware - you might be able to TFTP a new one on which will reset the password.

Carito

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually, what's the firmware - you might be able to TFTP a new one on which will reset the password.
Looking in the web gui it shows
Firmware: V2.3.10 build 141128
Encoding: V1.0 build 140701

I tried SADP versions 2.1.0.2, 2.2.3.6 and 3.0.0. 2.2.3.6 worked last time. Not now though.

If the TFTP is possible, how do I do that?

Carito

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like I already have the following FW downloaded:
DS-76xxNI-SE(P)_USA_Firmware_v2.3.10_141128.zip from Jan 2015

NVR_(76-SE,V,VP)BL_ML_STD_V3.0.9_140928.zip I think I had planned to do this if correct because the SMTP quit working on the version I currently have because google changed something with email access that I was writing to.