possible to use two computers to record video, all viewable on the same time line?

jmg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm thinking of offloading my continuous video streams from my HTPC to another computer that is always on anyway, to bring down cpu usage and increase responsiveness.
But I'd like to have the video streams viewable on the same timeline-- I don't want to open blue iris on the second computer to view the continuuous streams.

Anyway, is this possible?
Thanks

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The layout of the streams is a little different, but to watch BI from other computers, I use a web browser to connect to BI’s built in web server.

I hate the look of BI’s default web page, though. I installed the UI2 (and UI3 beta) web pages that can be found in the BI customization forum here. I like the look of those a lot, and they’re very responsive in my system.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No you cannot do that...use a dedicated PC for blue iris...what is your current PC spec? How many cams and what resolution and frame rates are you running?

jmg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No you cannot do that...use a dedicated PC for blue iris...what is your current PC spec? How many cams and what resolution and frame rates are you running?
I figured not.
intel 7700k, dual titans (Xp), 32 g ddr 4, wd red drives (I built the computer for something else, but things changed, and it's now pretty much dedicated to BI-- no waste of money comments please, I get that it's vastly overmatched for BI).

8 cameras. Lorex 4k, I forget the model numbers (though I can look them up). I have them all running 2k, they're either in 15fps (the ones facing the street) or 7 fps (the remaining ones).

I studied the FAQ, made sure I hit everything that applied to me --direct to disk is on. HA is on (and confirmed that the intel integrated processor is being used when BI is on through GPU Z, and NOT the titans). no watermarks through BI..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I figured not.
intel 7700k, dual titans (Xp), 32 g ddr 4, wd red drives (I built the computer for something else, but things changed, and it's now pretty much dedicated to BI-- no waste of money comments please, I get that it's vastly overmatched for BI).

8 cameras. Lorex 4k, I forget the model numbers (though I can look them up). I have them all running 2k, they're either in 15fps (the ones facing the street) or 7 fps (the remaining ones).

I studied the FAQ, made sure I hit everything that applied to me --direct to disk is on. HA is on (and confirmed that the intel integrated processor is being used when BI is on through GPU Z, and NOT the titans). no watermarks through BI..
Try removing the cards... wasting power and it might be interfering....also try enabling limit decoding for the continuous streams

jmg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had tried yanking the cards, no dice (keeping them in because on occasion I use it as a to play games on the big screen :) )

I'll try limit decoding

Thanks.