Post Jpegs High Resolution to FTP

roechas

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am trying to post a snapshot every minute from one camera to ftp site. I have figured out how to set this up. Blue iris is successfully posting these snapshots every minute. My problem is the snapshot images are low resolution. I found that I can put a custom image size format. So my image is showing the correct size, but the quality is very low resolution. I have the quality set to 100%. Does anyone know how to make the snapshot be high quality? The camera is 5MP.

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm guessing you have the sub stream configured on that camera and that Blue Iris is getting the snapshot from the sub stream. I don't see an option to change that, so I suggest you ask Blue Iris support to let these JPEGs be sourced from the Main stream. In the meantime you can unconfigure the sub stream for that camera so there is only a main stream.

Also, Jpeg Quality 100% is extremely inefficient with bandwidth and disk space. I'd suggest trying 85% -- that is what I use on my weather cams and it looks great.

roechas

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I removed the substream channel from Blue Iris and that did fix the issue. I thought I had tried that previously, but maybe not. It was at night so I dont think I could tell much difference. But looking at it now, it's definitely a much higher resolution. I had read elsewhere that this was a blue iris issue. I had read on Blue Iris updates "Main-stream snapshot and alert options" had been fixed. But I guess this doesn't apply to Post Jpegs option. I'll definitely have to mention this to them.
I am actually setting this up with my weathercam as well. I am posting to Ambient Weather's ftp. Do you know if there is any way to post an overlay with the current temperature?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

roechas

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I removed the substream channel from Blue Iris and that did fix the issue. I thought I had tried that previously, but maybe not. It was at night so I dont think I could tell much difference. But looking at it now, it's definitely a much higher resolution. I had read elsewhere that this was a blue iris issue. I had read on Blue Iris updates "Main-stream snapshot and alert options" had been fixed. But I guess this doesn't apply to Post Jpegs option. I'll definitely have to mention this to them.
I am actually setting this up with my weathercam as well. I am posting to Ambient Weather's ftp. Do you know if there is any way to post an overlay with the current temperature?

Thanks for your help!
I found Blue Iris Tools by Mike. Its awesome! It allows me to add multiple sensors as an overlay. I'm all set.
Thanks!