Post PC upgrade trouble with 1 camera

takeabyte

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings all and happy holidays.

I've been using BI for several years now with ~10 cameras connected via POE. After upgrading my PCs mobo and processor and reinstalling Windows, one of those cameras has been having connectivity issues.

The camera brand is ANNKE, and will connect and show only one frame (like a snapshot), and then lose connection for about 30 seconds, show another snap, and then lose connection. I'm able to navigate to the camera's interface via browser, and can also see the camera in the HIK Windows application (SADP).

I had the upgraded PC running alongside the pre-upgrade PC, and the connection issues were only on the new PC. No camera settings were changed in either BI instance or in the camera configuration page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try turning off hardware acceleration.

Is the camera trying to send a video stream to multiple devices at the same time? If so, that might be the problem as well.

takeabyte

n3wb
Reaction score
Try turning off hardware acceleration.

Is the camera trying to send a video stream to multiple devices at the same time? If so, that might be the problem as well.
Setting Hardware accelerated decode to No in the BI camera's Video tab solved it for me. Thank you wittaj!