Post your Profiles and camera schedules with event schedules

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Would like to hear from some advanced BI users on creative ways to use Profiles, Schedules, Camera schedules mixed with profiles and any event schedules. Hoping to get some ideas of other uses for these functions.
I'll go first and they're not too creative:
I've set up and use two obvious profiles: Day and Night
Two of my PTZ cameras use those two schedules to turn to different angles for day vs night.
Both cameras use an event schedule to trigger motion at the time the camera angles change.
Both of these cameras have different trigger configurations for the day vs night profile.
See? Not that exciting so please post some creative things you're doing with either the global schedule or the camera schedule with any event schedule commands you might use.

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would like to hear from some advanced BI users on creative ways to use Profiles, Schedules, Camera schedules mixed with profiles and any event schedules. Hoping to get some ideas of other uses for these functions.
I'll go first and they're not too creative:
I've set up and use two obvious profiles: Day and Night
Two of my PTZ cameras use those two schedules to turn to different angles for day vs night.
Both cameras use an event schedule to trigger motion at the time the camera angles change.
Both of these cameras have different trigger configurations for the day vs night profile.
See? Not that exciting so please post some creative things you're doing with either the global schedule or the camera schedule with any event schedule commands you might use.
Why do you do that?? What purpose does it server?? thanks.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, in the daytime schedule both cameras point further down the street to capture more (visible) activity. In the nighttime schedule both cameras don't do as good of a job capturing stuff that is too far away so I have them zoom in to cover my yard and driveway for a closer more visible angle of what may be happening in my immediate vicinity.

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, in the daytime schedule both cameras point further down the street to capture more (visible) activity. In the nighttime schedule both cameras don't do as good of a job capturing stuff that is too far away so I have them zoom in to cover my yard and driveway for a closer more visible angle of what may be happening in my immediate vicinity.
Great, never thought of that.