Potato Cam Captures break in.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I still have the analog infrastructure in place, i think 12 cams. covering the inside of the doorways mostly.
Break in today at 5:30 Am, ...until 6:15Am. Pry Bar popped the back door. Then he had a Bolt cutters in his backpack, cut a locker lock and may have taken some tools. got an iphone from the Chevy Blazer. the Blazer owner had inadvertently left his door key in the drivers door. but his ign switch was changed over to a diff Key a year ago. So No Bueno on starting. but he sure tried a few times.
Screenshot 2022-03-28 100917.png
Screenshot 2022-03-28 101006.png

Reaction score
Man, I loathe thief's. I swear every one of them caught should have their fingers broken, and/or knees as well. It is the only way to curb their 'appeal' for a discount. Damn pathetic. To hell with earning a living.

Had to add this tidbit. When I was a young Sergeant living in an open squad-bay, we had a thief amongst us. Several of the junior Marines said they were missing money. So I took a 5 dollar bill, marked it, and put it under my pillow on my rack. We went to the chow-hall for lunch. Came back, sure enough my $5 bill was gone. Me and the other NCO's closed off the squad-bay, and made everyone bring their wallets to the center area. Sure enough, it was the Corpsman that had the $5 bill in his wallet. So we took him to the Company Office to report him to the Company 1stSgt., 1stSgt Reeves. One of the biggest, real life giants I have ever known in my life. And as calm as death, most of the time. I have never seen a boot as big as the ones he wore. OMG...he grabbed the Corpsman by his shoulders, threw him in the waiting chair outside his office, then swiftly ordered myself and the other Sgt. into his office. Here was when I came real close to pissing myself. He grabbed us both by the throats, shoved us up against the wall, and wanted to know 'WTF wasn't his hands broken?, WTF was his nose not broken?' He thrashed us for a bit, then calmed down and told us if this ever happened again we would be the ones wishing our hands were broken. We left the office and I don't really know what happened to the Corpsman, but I do know he was out of the company by the end of the day.

Things were changing at that time in the Corps. 1stSgt Reeves was a Vietnam Marine, and NOBODY was going to fuk with him. Chesty Puller once said:

“Take me to the Brig. I want to see the “real Marines”.
– Major General Chesty Puller, USMC – while on a Battalion inspection.

But times had changed, and bad paper could completely ruin your career. You didn't know who would back you up if you settled shit the old way, or wrote them up. It was strange.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Flintstone61 , the 2nd video, first post, outdoors when he popped the door: earlier rollback of your video doesn't reveal that he drove up in a vehicle or ???

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
@TonyR, no vehicle.
Seemed to know exactly which door he was targeting.
As I was telling my Homo Assoc. if there is any area that is weak in my camera set up it's that side of the building.
He masked up the whole way in, like he knew We had eyes on him from front to back.
Before the advent of the Blue iris System, in 2018 that door may have been pried open once before. Somebody living next to the door thought they heard something in the night, and went out and found the largest Craftsman Flat blade screwdriver you can buy, stuffed in the potted plant box. ( like 20-22" inches long).
And during the George Floyd Riot month. 2 attempts were made by "non-pro" doorcheckers "Wilding about" in "Ghetto ass Chevy Suburbans with mismatched doors" trying to gain access to the building.
Less than a mile away businesses on Rice street were boarded, like Mc Donalds, Subway, Arby's closed for a time and were graffitti-ed. etc.....

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
We had a guy in Basic training who got the platoon in trouble with extra-duty and punishment marching, after hours, for not Showering, and uniform violations.
Me and Randy H. from Washington state, and Dave somebody fom Indiana, and another guy from Alabama, decided were gonna give his ass a fuckin shower, complete with floor scrubbing brushes.
I think that's what the Drill Sargent was waiting for, some leadership. someone to make a group decision.
We dragged his ass wrapped in his sheet to the showers, and truned on the water, and held his funky ass down, and washed that screaming motherfucker until he gave in and agreed to start showering. ( end of problem with that joker)
Of course our other bad idea as a group was smoking weed out in the roof the night before graduation and having somebody rat us out, and kind of getting caught. We jumped into wrong beds, and laid there pretending to be sleepy eyed n shit
I was on the wrong floor in a vacant bed on 1st floor, When he went up the front stairs I hi-tailed up the back stairs and made it to my rack before getting caught LOL. He said if were werent graduating in a few hours, he's have the whole god dmaned platoon retrained...LOL....

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
We have an updated version of door closing mechanism going on tomorrow morning.
The lock company came out for a service call on a different back door, and they showed me the internal workings of the catch were bent in such a way as to all the "catch or latch" to move when the door was in the locked position. he showed me the pry marks and explained how much each component of the door frame and lock mech. has to give before it pops open.
The new ones are more "pry proof,
Of course if you really want in, just wait until a car leaves a garage, rounds the bend, and walk the fuck in.....No tools needed"

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@TonyR, no vehicle.
Seemed to know exactly which door he was targeting.
As I was telling my Homo Assoc. if there is any area that is weak in my camera set up it's that side of the building.
He masked up the whole way in, like he knew We had eyes on him from front to back.
Assuming "Homo Assoc." is "Homeowner's Association" (sorry, couldn't resist :highfive: ) maybe he DOES have ears on your meeting minutes or is close to someone that attends or is part of the HO...like "an inside job." Girlfriend or spouse may be totally naive and mentioned it to him...who knows? :idk:

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah "Ho-mo" was the Alert word to stop fucking off and look busy, it mean't " home owner alert" in the building trades according to the 2 guys who I was working with. I was building a house one winter "(laid off)
Everytime he'd drive up, some would yell HoMO! silly shit young people do....