Power lead and another on PoE camera

rightkick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought some QCAM IP2M822E and there is a power connection and some other connection that looks like a fiber connector with the cap on it. I'm assuming the power lead is for non PoE switches but what is this other contraption?

As usual these days no documentation come with anything and the manufacturer website does not list this model of cameras. Maybe I bought a Chinese version of the Chinese version perhaps??

Yes, I'm new to the video world but not networking.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
how many terminals/wires on the 'unknown' connector? it could be audio in/out (although those are often RCA's) or it may be alarm in/out...
can you post a picture?

rightkick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
how many terminals/wires on the 'unknown' connector? it could be audio in/out (although those are often RCA's) or it may be alarm in/out...
can you post a picture?

If it's audio I've never seen one like this in my 42 years of life. I'm new here so I'll try posting a pic as I do on other forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
ah. that's a RESET button. you hit that to set the camera back to factory defaults.

rightkick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
These are junk too, at least software wise. BI found one but not the others. I'm hesitant to install 3rd party software when not needed but I did, so I could access the cameras. The three I bought were found by the software itself after installing not BI. I logged into the first one, changed the password then could not log back in. The second, I changed the password, then assigned a static IP and now cannot get back in. The third is showing an IP 172.x.x.x and my DHCP server is dishing out 192.x.x.x

rightkick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ah. that's a RESET button. you hit that to set the camera back to factory defaults.
The quacks with customer service said I had to take the unit apart and short two brass connectors together for the reason of my post above.

Thanks though!

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
well, you may need to use that reset button then! :)

or maybe you already did hit it by accident and that's why your cam fell off the network?...

good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

rightkick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
well, you may need to use that reset button then! :)

or maybe you already did hit it by accident and that's why your cam fell off the network?...

good luck.
No, these things are junk. I was able to reset it and get access back but as soon as I assign a static IP they lose their mind which is making me lose mine!

DNS auto is greyed out so I assign 8.8.8.8

Sometimes the camera tells me invalid entry or it will take it and lose its mind.