Power supply for Wireless dome camera

ttis

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm thinking about installing a wireless Hikvision dome camera on my front porch. What 12 V power supply should I use? I'm just starting out and will probably add more cameras, wired network, and NVR later if that makes a difference.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about installing a wireless Hikvision dome camera on my front porch. What 12 V power supply should I use? I'm just starting out and will probably add more cameras, wired network, and NVR later if that makes a difference.
Welcome to the forum. Any 12v 1a power supply will work...see this thread http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/1096-Power-Adapter-for-Hikvision-DS-2CD2432F-IW
As i note there, you can power the camera over poe, while still using the wifi function...so if you wish you can buy a cheap switch or injector as well...this lets you run ethernet to the camera up to 328 feet...so if your power outlet is not near he camera, using poe is a great option so there is no voltage drop if the run is long...you can always re-purpose the switch later.