Powerline and POE injector built into one?

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I thought I saw a link here on one but for the life of me I can't find it now. I know there is a UK one but... My buddy bought an ebay brand but I'd rather avoid ebay. Newegg searching provided little. Sucks when you search for Powerline adapter you get one set of results. POE and Powerline you get another with none being what I want!

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This comes up from time to time. To the best of my recollection last time it came up there was a product but it was over a hundred bucks, which really is too much for this.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe this is the unit. http://www.asokatech.com/plug-link/pluglink-pl9660-poe.html
As littlebrother points out, the price is high and you are better of paying someone to run cable in most instances...
You can also use a regular powerline adapter, with a power pass though like this http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Powerline-Essentials-Starter-XAVB5421/dp/B00O4UJOS6/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1436893936&sr=8-12&keywords=powerline+adapter
and plug in an injector and use a short 6 inch patch cable

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I believe this is the unit. http://www.asokatech.com/plug-link/pluglink-pl9660-poe.html
As littlebrother points out, the price is high and you are better of paying someone to run cable in most instances...
You can also use a regular powerline adapter, with a power pass though like this http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Powerline-Essentials-Starter-XAVB5421/dp/B00O4UJOS6/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1436893936&sr=8-12&keywords=powerline+adapter
and plug in an injector and use a short 6 inch patch cable
Thanks FM! For the $10 diff. it's worth it to me!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What kind of run are you using this for? if its simple, run a cable...

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm looking at more of convenience and time. It's hot as can be in FL now! I barely feel like cutting the grass let alone attic crawling!

That aside, 175'.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking at more of convenience and time. It's hot as can be in FL now! I barely feel like cutting the grass let alone attic crawling!

That aside, 175'.
Give it a shot..make sure you buy from a place that allows returns..powerline doesnt always work..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
dunno about where you live, but around here $100-150 is the most it would cost to get a single ethernet cable pulled by a professional.. not much more than you'll end up paying for powerline poe adapters.

you might get a quote from an installer before investing in those.

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
True, but paying someone $150 for something I can do myself later is just hard for me. This is a Band-Aid fix anyway. I bought the Netgear Powerline last night for $59 at Staples. Plus I bought 3 single POE injectors for $1 each at a garage sale. They were new in the box!

worlando

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well Powerline is out! Best I could get was TX 70MPS and RX was 15MBS! Hurts having a house built in 1949!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Should be fine considering most IP Cameras are not even capable of saturating a 10Mbps link (individually) and nearly all the traffic will be TX..

Nobody said you'd get full ethernet speeds with power line, but typically they provide ample throughput for IPCameras.