Preferred camera picture settings

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I know every situation varies but what are people preferred picture settings in regard to brightness coupled with backlight.. I'm playing with the WDR and just tweaking picture.. Would like to hear and see others preferences.. not the best day here to be playing with it. I'm using WDR at 4 and brightness at 52

Attachments

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The only time I turn WDR that low is running color at night and then mine is at 15 and just to reduce pixelation.
Overall my other settings stay +/- 5 of center.
Brightness maybe to 55 but I prefer to adjust the Gamma instead.
That picture looks like Saturation is a tad high.
Sunny, Cloudy, Rainy, Foggy, Dusk, Dawn - it's always something, so eventually you just settle.
None of my cams seem to show the same patch of grass the same color. :) Finally decided that THAT isn't why I have the cameras anyway - lol.

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've got a few T5442 turrets and for one I enabled BACKLIGHT = BLC for the day profile. Helped balance out the image which was mixed with dark and bright areas. I tried all the BACKLIGHT options and BLC provided the best image. Another T5442 did better with WDR so I figure each camera has to fine tuned to what works best. As StratRider said, I'm learning that you just have to make a compromise as lighting and shadows change during the day and with the position of the sun seasonally.

BTW - nice looking property and open views, but who has to cut all that grass? :winktongue:

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I've got a few T5442 turrets and for one I enabled BACKLIGHT = BLC for the day profile. Helped balance out the image which was mixed with dark and bright areas. I tried all the BACKLIGHT options and BLC provided the best image. Another T5442 did better with WDR so I figure each camera has to fine tuned to what works best. As StratRider said, I'm learning that you just have to make a compromise as lighting and shadows change during the day and with the position of the sun seasonally.

BTW - nice looking property and open views, but who has to cut all that grass? :winktongue:
We cut it. Spartan 72" zero turn flys