Presets and Zones

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just remembered another one that I can't find the answer to. I am looking peeps honest. I have found most my questions answered. :)

As you may have gathered from the title it is about presets and zones.

I thought that you could set up each preset with its very own zones. But when I set up zones for preset one and saved, then opened up to do zones for preset 2 it looks like the zones from 1 has carried to 2. And also 3, 4, and 5. All of the presets have the green zones in the exact same place in your view if you understand what I mean. Scenes change, but the green zones are the exact same places, sizes, and shapes.

I did not try to give the other presets their own zones as I thought that would mess up preset 1 which I have how I like.

Thank You.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
the presets are camera config settings, while the zones are specific to BI.

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay I found what you were talking about in my other thread and am going to put your quote in this thread as that is what it involves.

The check out Bi's PTZ/controls page for the cam and click the 'edit presets button'.
the 'override mask and hotspot' editor may be what your looking for.
Thank You that was helpful. But BI does need to take it one step further really badly unless once again I missed it.
It is good that you can have different zones for each preset.

Now here is the kicker. My night zones differ by a huge degree from my daytime zones. There are things that happen at night which do not happen during the day forcing me to move zones and make them smaller. So it would be great if BI could divide it one more time. Not only let each preset have its own zones, but ALSO each preset be able to be set using the profiles. So that way you could have:

Preset 1 Profile 1 (daytime) zones
Preset 1 Profile 2 (nighttime) zones.

Or of course how ever many profile and names you have created. Did that makes sense?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
copy your 'daytime' presets into a set of 'night-time' presets and configure their zones differently.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And then use the camera's Schedules -> Event Schedule... to select he relevant presets each morning/night.

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank You peeps. I think I have it set up. We shall see when the night time profile hits if it goes to the correct preset by itself. I am having fun with this. :)

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you all know that it does work nicely. So Thank You once again to both of you. :)