Presets for axis camera on Blue Iris

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!!! I HAVE FOUND THE SETTING!!!

For anyone using BLUE IRIS with the AXIS M3007-P Camera

It is possible to choose your custom stream.

1. Add Camera
  2. enter IP address
  3. enter the admin username and password
  4. choose AXIS from the MAKE drop down
  5. Choose your model (I was using M/P/Q Series H264
  6. Click the FIND/INSPECT button
  7. Below the PATH and PARAMS boxes (leave them alone) is a CAMERA selection box. Choose a different camera option to change the stream.
  8. Click OK

Now, the CAMERA selection box does not allow you to label the stream, so it make take a few tries to find the digital preset you like. Additionally, changing the stream and clicking OK, Blue Iris will take a few seconds to acquire the new stream, so wait just a few sec.

Not sure if anyone on planet earth will find this useful, but it sure helped solve a huge issue for me.
I have the M3007 as well and am still struggling with this particular camera and the different "views" the camera offers. I've set up my view areas on the camera's webpage. And the streams do not work except stream "1". If I change the BI camera value to anything other than 1, it says "No Signal". And FluffyPony is right - clicking on inspect just resets it to a generic camera that doesn't work either.

I tried renaming the "View Areas" to be a single number like 2, 3, 4, 5 - but that had no effect either. I cannot get the panoramic view either - just the big fisheye view.

EDIT: I guess cam "2" is the panoramic and that appears to be working now. However, any other views/camera values give me an error RTSP: 400 Bad Request.

Last edited by a moderator:

fluffypony

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the M3007 as well and am still struggling with this particular camera and the different "views" the camera offers. I've set up my view areas on the camera's webpage. And the streams do not work except stream "1". If I change the BI camera value to anything other than 1, it says "No Signal". And FluffyPony is right - clicking on inspect just resets it to a generic camera that doesn't work either.

I tried renaming the "View Areas" to be a single number like 2, 3, 4, 5 - but that had no effect either. I cannot get the panoramic view either - just the big fisheye view.
You need to be running a current version of the firmware, and then all you change is the "camera" number in the params *and* in the camera box:

However, it seems to choke if you have multiple concurrent streams from the same camera, so quad view is about the only one that works:/

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You need to be running a current version of the firmware, and then all you change is the "camera" number in the params *and* in the camera box:

<pic removed>

However, it seems to choke if you have multiple concurrent streams from the same camera, so quad view is about the only one that works:/
I have mine setup the exact same way now, on the latest 6.30.1.1 firmware, and it still doesn't work, however now there is no error, just says "no signal" like the camera is offline?

pic1.png
pic2.png

fluffypony

n3wb
Reaction score
I have mine setup the exact same way now, on the latest 6.30.1.1 firmware, and it still doesn't work, however now there is no error, just says "no signal" like the camera is offline?
That's weird...try drop the camera to 0 or 1?

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK Get this... kind of figured it out, but it's pretty weird.

When using 0, it says RTSP: 400 bad request.
When using 1, it works fine as the fisheye view.
When using 2, it works fine as the panorama view.
When using 3, it says RTSP: 400 bad request.
When using 4, it says RTSP: 400 bad request.
When using 5, it shows view 1!
When using 6, it shows view 2!
When using 7, it shows view 3!
When using 8, it shows view 4!
When using 9 and 10, it shows some weird half cut off panorama view
When using 11, it uses two panoramics stacked ontop of each other to make a square video
When using 12+, it says RTSP: 400 bad request.

I have no idea why 3 and 4 aren't used, but those were the two I was trying in all of my tests, except 13, I tried that once too. No idea about 9-11 and the weird pano mode.

Thanks for the help though!

PS I am running views 5 and 6, plus fisheye, on the same server without problems now.

fluffypony

n3wb
Reaction score
Pleasure - glad it works:) Stream assignments are weird, I have no idea why yours are different from mine, but boy am I glad it worked!

jamesuber

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a new axis P5635-E PTZ camera; I'm trying, unsuccessfully, to get an H.264 video feed in BI.

It seems like it is straightforward - I can get the H.264 feed in IE live feed, and I can also get an MJPEG feed in BI. But using the standard preset parameters for the "M/P/Q Series H264" I get no signal. I've tried cameras 0-10, just for the heck of it. Also made sure that the login has admin rights on the camera, just in case that was an issue.

Sort of at a loss as to what to try. My parameters on the camera setup are basically standard.

Does this possibly have anything at all to do with Axis including a single client H.264 license? Am I using my only access through the IE live view?

Thanks for ANY pointers as to where to go next!

jamesuber

n3wb
Reaction score
^Well I found at least one solution to my problem. When I set the "hardware decoding" to "No" from "Default" then I get an H.264 signal.

This seems like a bad idea to me.

I'm running Windows 8.1 btw. Does anyone have any suggestions for my configuration - thank you.

jamesuber

n3wb
Reaction score
^And I also updated the driver for my intel HD graphics to the latest version, restarted, and tried with hardware decoding enabled for the axis camera; still no luck for H.264.

something about the axis H.264 - I've got three other cameras from two different manuf. and the hardware decoding on those streams is fine.