Pretrigger for JPEG Snapshots

Doodieb

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am using BI 5.0 and I am trying to do object recognition on the Camera but dislike the idea of sending my pictures to the cloud (sentry). I am using a locally installed SW to do the job. It can process JPG Pictures and give back the recognized objects. I works very well so far.

I’d like to save the Snapshots 5s before the trigger event.Therefore I set the Pre-Trigger Video Buffer to 5s. The Pre-Trigger works very well for the video, but not for the JPEG Snapshot. Can I archieve this somehow or is this something BI can not do (maybe not yet).

Thank you!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you would probably need to record in JPEG format, and then you would end up with several Jpeg frames per event. I don't think you get such control over the alert snapshot.

Doodieb

n3wb
Reaction score
The idea is good, however I don't see an option to record in JPEG (or I am just plain blind). In the recording tab I see an option to reencode in H.264 and M-JPG. Either setting results in a BVR file. If possible please guide me further.

Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, well if BI is only going to record to a format you can't use then it isn't going to be easy to do what you need ;)