Preview jerky, CPU at 8%

Jason Hall

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have two Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z and two Logitech Alert cameras recording constantly to my dedicated Blue Iris PC, an i7-2600K 16GB 4TB WD Purple. Dahuas are direct to disk and Alerts are being transcoded in order to add time. CPU stays around 8 to 10%. Dahuas are on the "Generic, RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4" Profile in Blue Iris. I have them set to 10FPS when connecting directly to the camera, the camera tab in Blue Iris is set to 10FPS max rate, and the General Cameras tab is set to limit live preview to 10fps.

The Logitech previews are always at 10fps, but the Dahuas are updating once every two seconds (0.5fps). If I click once on one of the Dahua previews, it starts refreshing at a much higher rate (perhaps the full 10fps I've set). But once I click away, it drops back down to 0.5fps. If I view via ios app or port 81 web server from another computer, they are at the higher refresh rate. Recorded video is good frame rate also - this just seems to affect front end preview display.

Any ideas what's going on? Thanks.

Jason Hall

n3wb
Reaction score
Also, when looking at the camera/general tab, the dahuas are showing 10fps and around roughly 500kb/s, varying constantly from 475-550. My network routinely shows 112MB/s transfer speed. Of course, since I clicked on the preview, that camera preview is now showing a good frame rate. As soon as I click another camera, it drops back to 0.5fps.

Jason Hall

n3wb
Reaction score
I tracked it down - mainly with this thread:

Inconsistant Performance for BlueIris UI3

It was the Limit decoding unless required setting on the camera/video tab. Turning this off for the two dahuas have them both running smoothly. CPU utilization went from about 8% to about 12%.