Preview Window (All Clips, Alerts etc) Missing

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seemingly out of nowhere all my previews have been replaced as shown in the below image. I tried rebuilding DB, rebooting but nothing would restore them. Any idea what happened and how to fix this??

2024-02-07.jpg

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You tried a DB Delete & Regenerate, or just a Repair/Regenerate?

If all else fails, you can try:
  1. Stopping the Blue Iris service
  2. Manually deleting the files in the C:\BlueIris\db folder
  3. Restarting Blue Iris

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You tried a DB Delete & Regenerate, or just a Repair/Regenerate?

If all else fails, you can try:
  1. Stopping the Blue Iris service
  2. Manually deleting the files in the C:\BlueIris\db folder
  3. Restarting Blue Iris
I did try to do the repair to no avail. Subsequent alerts after that time appeared fine until today. Now every alert preview is as shown in my original post. Just now, I tried the 3 steps you stated above which left me with no previews at all even though the db folder appears to have a *,dat file for each alert after BI rebuilt from scratch. In all the years I have used BI I have never seen this before. Guess I need to talk to BI support

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I did try to do the repair to no avail. Subsequent alerts after that time appeared fine until today. Now every alert preview is as shown in my original post. Just now, I tried the 3 steps you stated above which left me with no previews at all even though the db folder appears to have a *,dat file for each alert after BI rebuilt from scratch. In all the years I have used BI I have never seen this before. Guess I need to talk to BI support
I have created a PowerShell script that can restore missing alert JPGs via DAT files and/or BVR clips. If you are adventurous enough to try it, I’ll PM you later today. I’m off to an appointment now.

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have created a PowerShell script that can restore missing alert JPGs via DAT files and/or BVR clips. If you are adventurous enough to try it, I’ll PM you later today. I’m off to an appointment now.
Absolutely will try it. Currently I deleted the old alerts and new ones are appearing correctly but I suspect this problem will occur again.