Privacy masking on a PTZ camera

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Greetings,

I just installed a new PTZ camera from Dahua (Dahua SD22404T-GN)
, it has an awesome feature for the privacy masking. The area for privacy masking changes as well when moving the camera to another position. Just Aswesome!

But I want it a little bit different again, hopefully there is a way.

Previously I had a fixed Camera, in Blue iris I set up this camera twice , one for me and one for visitors, the visitors stream had a privacy mask from blue iris on an area. This works fine.

Now with this PTZ camera , that would work, when the camera moves a bit the privacy mask moves as well when I set it up in BI.
The Dahua camera software has this nice feature that the privacy mask moves and zooms with it. Is there a way that this Privacy mask will only be visible for "me" and not the users?

I was looking in for example the main and substream, only on the substream a privacy mask , and pull the substream for the "visitors" , but that doesn't seem to be an option.

It doesn't seem that BI has the option for PTZ cameras to move the privacy mask.

Does someone has an idea for me ?

*edit*: I was looking for firmware , maybe a newer firmware has an update which I can use. But the website from dahua on what I fond on the camera doesn't make sense to me:

It looks like the camera has newer firmware as what you can download on the website ? but I probably misread it.

Thanks
Cor

Last edited:

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No- one has an idea or option :-(

Cor

swko

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings,

I just installed a new PTZ camera from Dahua (Dahua SD22404T-GN)
, it has an awesome feature for the privacy masking. The area for privacy masking changes as well when moving the camera to another position. Just Aswesome!

But I want it a little bit different again, hopefully there is a way.

Previously I had a fixed Camera, in Blue iris I set up this camera twice , one for me and one for visitors, the visitors stream had a privacy mask from blue iris on an area. This works fine.

Now with this PTZ camera , that would work, when the camera moves a bit the privacy mask moves as well when I set it up in BI.
The Dahua camera software has this nice feature that the privacy mask moves and zooms with it. Is there a way that this Privacy mask will only be visible for "me" and not the users?

I was looking in for example the main and substream, only on the substream a privacy mask , and pull the substream for the "visitors" , but that doesn't seem to be an option.

It doesn't seem that BI has the option for PTZ cameras to move the privacy mask.

Does someone has an idea for me ?

edit: I was looking for firmware , maybe a newer firmware has an update which I can use. But the website from dahua on what I fond on the camera doesn't make sense to me:

It looks like the camera has newer firmware as what you can download on the website ? but I probably misread it.

Thanks
Cor
Hi Cor
i have same model SD2244T-GN but cannot configure privacy masking.
once configured, when i save, the mask disappear, even web or console (system version is V4.001.0000003.2, Build Date: 10-10-2020 )
can you tell me how you can do that?
thanks
swko

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Cor
i have same model SD2244T-GN but cannot configure privacy masking.
once configured, when i save, the mask disappear, even web or console (system version is V4.001.0000003.2, Build Date: 10-10-2020 )
can you tell me how you can do that?
thanks
swko
Are you using Windows Internet Explorer or some other browser to access the cameras settings? You need to use Windows Internet Explorer (not Edge).

swko

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I use chrome.
bu just try with IE11, and have same problem:
as shown on picture, when configured, you can see the mask square, but once applied, the mask disappear.
PS: for Fixed cam, the mask is working. I have this problem only with SD2244T-GN PTZ while 24 privacy masking are available by spec of this model...
any idea welcome.
swko

Attachments

swko

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I've resolved the problem, some restrictions for dahua PTZ cam:
  • use IE 11 only
  • download NACL as expected.
  • connect directly to IP CAM to configure privacy masking,
  • DON'T configure privacy masking through NVR, change will not saved