Prob Recording DS-2CD2432F-IW

wajahatmp

n3wb
Reaction score
I am facing problems to record video of my DS-2CD2432F-IW , EITHER ON HD or on SD , it say fail to create a file , SD is fully formatted . ive tried it on ivms 4200 says error code local storage disk is full .
kindly any one solve it for me ill b so thank full,
here are the snap of errors faced by me .

Attachments

wajahatmp

n3wb
Reaction score
if any one kindly tell me urgent plz i have to record an event in evening and i am trying since last night no clue

wajahatmp

n3wb
Reaction score
Its now working on my pc hard drive but still no success on my SD CARD ,

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Its now working on my pc hard drive but still no success on my SD CARD ,
Usually if you use the web GUI that access the sd card recording
And the pc uses the hard drive.
If you switch off the nvr then access the web page recording page you should see the recording line come up

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You are messing up the concepts.

The fact you click the "record" button on the camera's web inteface does not make it record on the micro SD card; it makes it record on the local computer that you are using to access the web interface. You should make sure Internet Explorer has permissions to write on the directory it is trying to do so, the easiest way to do that being by launching IE with a right click on the shortcut -> run as administrator. That's why it is giving you the "fail to create a file", IE does not have permissions to write on your computer's hard drive.

If you want the camera to record on the micro SD card, you need to configure it on the camera.
Advanced configuration -> Storage -> Record Schedule

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also... if you relocate your user directory in windows to some other location and attempt to symlink it back to c:\Users, the web interface will refuse to record with a "fail to create file" error.

In other words, if you move your user directory to D:\, and then make a link in C:\Users to point C:\Users\MyUserName <=> D:\ , the link causes the web interface to :puke: when you click the record button.

wajahatmp

n3wb
Reaction score
You are messing up the concepts.

The fact you click the "record" button on the camera's web inteface does not make it record on the micro SD card; it makes it record on the local computer that you are using to access the web interface. You should make sure Internet Explorer has permissions to write on the directory it is trying to do so, the easiest way to do that being by launching IE with a right click on the shortcut -> run as administrator. That's why it is giving you the "fail to create a file", IE does not have permissions to write on your computer's hard drive.

If you want the camera to record on the micro SD card, you need to configure it on the camera.
Advanced configuration -> Storage -> Record Schedule
wow man job done ! thanks a million just run as admin and my all prob solved :)

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
wow man job done ! thanks a million just run as admin and my all prob solved :)
Glad to help!
Keep in mind that with IE you are just manually recording at any given time on your computer. In order to have recordings on the SD card on the camera 24/7/motion/whatever, you still need to configure the camera to record on the local storage.