Problem adding 3 cameras to existing new Hiwatch system

Gwilbo25

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello.

I have installed 15 ip Hiwatch by Hikvision Turret cameras (IPC-T140) into a Hikvision 16 Channel Network IP Video Recorder with 16 PoE Ports & Alarm I/O (DS-7616NI-E2-16P-A).

I installed 12 of those cameras in December all the same way using brand new cat5e cable from each camera to the NVR and they all worked fine straight away with no issues.

After the xmas break (this week to be exact) I installed the remaining 3 cameras, again all exactly the same cameras with new cable all exactly the same way, but for some reason none of these 3 cameras will work. When I go into the camera management menu, the 3 cameras "status" says Detecting but then sets the NVR alarm off beeping and doesn't connect properly to give me an image or say its recording, just stays the same saying "Detecting", carries on beeping until I unplug them from the NVR.

I have tried using different ports on the NVR that I know work with the other cameras, and also unplugging all of the other cameras in case there was a data over load but nothing is working. Basically, nothing I try and connect to the NVR works now, but all the other 12 cameras fitted in December work fine.

Currently, the NVR is not connected to the internet as the customer is having issues with their provider at present so am I right in thinking I wont be able to use the SADP tool to help me as its not connected to the network?? Clearly I am new to all of this but would really like some pointers to help me get these three cameras working so ultimately I can understand whats wrong and also GET PAID! Picture attached shows what the System maintenance says, note the 4 cameras at the top all saying disconnected, ignore the first one as that is correct as there is no camera for that input, but 2, 3, and 4 should be working!

Attachments

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The NVR will be allocating IP addresses for each Camera sequentially in its own set range. SADP Tool will work on a LAN and doesn't need Internet access but will only see the NVR as a network attached device. Have you tried shutting down the NVR and then connecting all the Camera cables in turn starting from Port 1 in sequence without gaps and then restarting it ? I don't have a Hik NVR to know for sure but perhaps this will reset the Camera IP range and refresh all the Cameras and in turn make them all available to the NVR.

The process I normally follow for a new installation is to connect each Camera in turn from channel 1 up and wait for each to boot up and get a handshake with an IP address before I connect the next.