problem connecting cameras

Reaction score
I recently moved into a new home. The home had four Vivotek IB8369 cameras installed on the exterior of the home connect via POE to what I'm assuming was an NVR unit.

I negotiated to have the cameras remain on the home, but unfortunately the previous homeowner took the NVR unit with him. I just needed something basic to hook up and monitor/record the cameras, so I purchased an Amcrest NV1104E. I wired the cameras via ethernet directly into the back of the Amcrest NVR. I noticed that I do have power on my cameras, as I can see the infrared lights beaming red on the front of the cameras. However, I have no idea how to get the Amcrest unit to recognize/connect to the Vivotek cameras.

I apologize if this is in the wrong section, as this is my first post on the forum. I did utilize the search function, but didn't find anything pertaining to these models. Thanks!

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I recently moved into a new home. The home had four Vivotek IB8369 cameras installed on the exterior of the home connect via POE to what I'm assuming was an NVR unit.

I negotiated to have the cameras remain on the home, but unfortunately the previous homeowner took the NVR unit with him. I just needed something basic to hook up and monitor/record the cameras, so I purchased an Amcrest NV1104E. I wired the cameras via ethernet directly into the back of the Amcrest NVR. I noticed that I do have power on my cameras, as I can see the infrared lights beaming red on the front of the cameras. However, I have no idea how to get the Amcrest unit to recognize/connect to the Vivotek cameras.

I apologize if this is in the wrong section, as this is my first post on the forum. I did utilize the search function, but didn't find anything pertaining to these models. Thanks!
A lot of things could be in play here - however I first point to the possibility the cameras had been setup with static IP's and now do not appear on the same network as your NVR. They also may not have been even connected to an NVR put were connected to a switch simply placing them on the previous owners network.

Best thing to do is try and start fresh by initiating a camera reset. See page 8 of this manual to show where the reset button is located thus returning the cameras to factory default.
http://download.vivotek.com/downloadfile/downloads/usersmanuals/ib8369manual_en.pdf

Reaction score
A lot of things could be in play here - however I first point to the possibility the cameras had been setup with static IP's and now do not appear on the same network as your NVR. They also may not have been even connected to an NVR put were connected to a switch simply placing them on the previous owners network.

Best thing to do is try and start fresh by initiating a camera reset. See page 8 of this manual to show where the reset button is located thus returning the cameras to factory default.
http://download.vivotek.com/downloadfile/downloads/usersmanuals/ib8369manual_en.pdf
Thanks so much for that! I will try that as soon as I get home. A few of the cameras are REALLY high up, but I think I can finagle a latter 25 feet up and see what I can do... I think I'll practice with the reset button on the lower cameras first though... haha!