Problem getting BI to use cams IVS as trigger? (GetEvents: Not running)

RifRaff13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It was mentioned in another thread that some use the cams IVS setting to trip BI to record. I have not been able to make this work yet. I am thinking i am missing something under the ONVIF/camera events settings. I see GetEvents: Not running. From previous threads it appears this was an issue, not sure if its fixed or i have missed some other setting.
1710166046426.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First things first.

Go into the camera and set up smart plan with IVS, then go to the IVS screen and draw IVS rules (tripwire or intrusion box) and then select the AI you want it to trigger on (human or vehicle).

Then in BI, there are a few places you need to set this up in BI (assuming you already set up the IVS rules in the camera GUI):

In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".

Make sure IP address, username, and password are correct.

1710167462148.png

Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.

Go into Trigger Tab and select the "ONVIF/camera events" or "Cameras digital input" box depending on your version of BI.

1710167587593.png

On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas in Zones A thru H)

On the alerts tab set up how to be notified.

If it still doesn't work after doing this, then post screenshots of the Windows pop-up when the Find/Inspect is selected.

RifRaff13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you as always sir! I missed the "Get ONVIF trigger events" in the camera config section. I know I saw it but must not have clicked or saved it. DOH!